• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    So I bought a Barnett Ghost 410 "Carbonlite----- Looks cool, flat black tactical appearance, --- 410 fps???? Doesn't seem that quick to me. ---- Doesn't seem to shoot any harder than my Barnet Predator, (375 fps) , and so far, doesn't seem to have the consistency / accuracy, I would expect. --- Fit and finish typical Barnett. --- Not bad.... but not great. ------- Scope that came with package is weak, (not very clear, 3x)-------Quiver is cool, but does anyone actually use them? ----- On the plus side, it is much lighter than the Predator, ---- much better balance---- and probably shoots about 375 fps with 400 grain arrow (22"), and point combo---------Worth the $1,000 that most places are selling them for??????? Probably not. ---More like a $600 package. ----- Hitting the bulls eye at 50 plus yards is nothing new with the modern crossbows, ---(and it will), but I wish the manufacturers would concentrate less on muscle, and more on quality, weight, cockability (is that a word?) and finish. ----lots of bison were killed at about 100 fps. ------- Is there really an advantage once past about 300??----- Still ljke my Hortons, and my next bow will most likely be a Ten Point.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I bought a Barnett Quad 400 last year and I couldn't be happier with it.
    It is advertised at 345 fps, and I believe it.

I read last year too that arrow technology has not kept pace with crossbow technology, and that manufacturers had surpassed the arrow technology with the newer bows. The article I read said that bows had been designed to launch a bolt up to 415fps, but that arrows were not holding up to that speed. It went on to say that some of the newest bows were throwing bolts faster than they could be stabilized.
    Accuracy was said to suffer drastically.

My new Quad 400 on the other hand took two button bucks with one arrow at about 45 feet. That 22" bolt went completely trough both deer and continued for another 25-30 yards where it buried the tip of my broad-head in a tree.

You might try looking at the very latest in arrows. Something with a very stiff spine.

Good luck

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My new Ghost 410 is out of commission. The top limb on both sides is fracturing. It made it 4 days into archery season.

Top Bottom