• ...and so much more!
  • billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    View attachment 42832 So my latest itch is to build a long range AR platform set up for 600 to 1000yd shooting. She started life as a DPMS oracle .308. So far i have added a CMC curved 3.5lb trigger, M.M.I gen II free float tube, Magpul PRS stock (will be dyed black soon).Ergo grip, AFG (for now), Vortex viper PST 4-16 with a Burris QD mount and a troy claymore muzzle device. I have on the way a JP Enterprise silent capture buffer system and LMOS bolt carrier. So that leaves the Barrel which is currently the factory DPMS 16” and its obviously not going to get the job done. I have searched and am looking at the JP 20 medium profile barrel, or the Kreiger M110. But before i pull the trigger would like some opinions and or recommendations. So before someone says Bolt gun i say I like the platform and this is the direction i want to go. Nothing wrong with them there are a lot cheaper ways to go but $$$ is not a factor and again its what i want. Thanks

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Mega Arms for the barrel. They are 416R stainless and nitride treated for barrel longevity. They are reasonably priced and guaranteed sub moa. I've only recently started reloading for it and it'll shoot .6 to .7 moa which is pretty good for a gas gun.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I also am shooting a mega. 18" barrel really just shoots as good as I can. I can't say it's crazy .5 inch groups all day for me but i stay mostly in the 0.8-1.2" range for 3 and 5 round groups with the occasional group all touching at half an inch with reloads. M80 ammo shoots well which is nice too, i have had some great 1 moa groups with it. Again these things are so subjective as another shooter might do better than me with it. For the price I am very happy. Shopped around the internet and got mine at $275.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    I like the looks of Rainier arms ultra match 20" bull contour and with the fluting it really helps balance the weight. anyone had any experience with the Ultra Match barrels are the worth the extra $$$?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I have the Rainier Arms Match on a 5.56 and it shoots very well. Rainier put it best and said "If you need to shoot nickles, get the Match. If you need to shoot dimes, get the Ultramatch." Personally I don't think I'm that good of a shot to notice a difference.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I like the looks of Rainier arms ultra match 20" bull contour and with the fluting it really helps balance the weight. anyone had any experience with the Ultra Match barrels are the worth the extra $$$?

Honestly, I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze. I had a Select barrel from Rainier and it shot perfectly fine. You said you were looking at the Krieger M110 barrel and there is a Rainier M110-esqueRainier Arms .308 M110 1x11.27 Twist Barrel 20-Rock Creek

Top Bottom