• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Take a magnet to the store and check the copper scrubbing pads .Some are steel with a copper plating and can scratch the bore

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I've had and used Lewis Lead Remover sets in .38/.357, .44 and .45 calibers for several decades. There are two 'drawbacks': One is that replacement brass screens can sometimes be hard to find. One can improvise, but ordering and purchasing them in relatively large quantity is much less of a PITA. The other is that their usefulness is pretty much confined to handguns. On those, however, they work just fine, especially on the forcing cone and chambers of revolvers.

Earlier somebody alluded to JB Bore Cleaner but couldn't recall the name. I've used this product for many years, too and it does a dandy job when used as directed.

I've been using a more recently introduced product called Shooter's Choice Lead Remover for about 4 years or so now and I'm pretty impressed with how well it works. When used as directed and given a little time to work, it does a dandy job.

Top Bottom