• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That proves he is not too bright. Disrespect the closest man who may have to make a decision on how much danger to endure to protect the commander in chief. A smart man would make sure their life saver is really happy. Like a combat medic, it may pay to treat that man really good.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A salute is both a military custom (based on an unwritten tradition) and a courtesy (based on written guidence). It is initiated by the junior. Not returning the courtesy is a serious thing. A community agitator wouldn't get that.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The president doesn't have to salute the soldier(s), it's up to him. Considering Obama never served, he maay not understand some of the symbolism in returning the salute.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The president doesn't have to salute the soldier(s), it's up to him. Considering Obama never served, he maay not understand some of the symbolism in returning the salute.
    Custom, courtesy. You don't get to ride around on Air Force One as the Commander in Chief without accepting the responsibilities, all of them. As Commander in Chief you are in the military chain of command (both administrative and operational). In other words, unless your hands are full, return the salute.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I thought the thread title said, "Marine pisses on barry in public."

That would be a good story.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I swear people watch him like a hawk for him to slip up.... Who gives a ****? I'm sure there were a number of times I didn't get a salute returned or accidentally failed to salute an officer I should have.

Obama is a douchebag... no doubt about it, but he is the President and I'm sure there is plenty on his mind (whether evil or not). I'm not surprised that he forgot a salute and I give him credit for having the gumshoe to go back out there and basically apologize for his miss step.

I'd also bet he isn't the first President to miss a salute either.....

Memories must be short for internet conservatives... Remember last week when all of you guys made an ENORMOUS deal out of a Marine holding an umbrella for Obama?

Remember how so many self righteous Republicans called him every name in the book and then proclaimed how a real man holds his own umbrella and "GEE Dubya" and Ronald Reagan were "REAL MEN" and would NEVER make a service member hold his umbrella for him?

Remember how well that turned out for you?

Here... let me remind you

picture.php

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I swear people watch him like a hawk for him to slip up.... Who gives a ****? I'm sure there were a number of times I didn't get a salute returned or accidentally failed to salute an officer I should have.

Obama is a douchebag... no doubt about it, but he is the President and I'm sure there is plenty on his mind (whether evil or not). I'm not surprised that he forgot a salute and I give him credit for having the gumshoe to go back out there and basically apologize for his miss step.

Memories must be short for internet conservatives... Remember last week when all of you guys made an ENORMOUS deal out of a Marine holding an umbrella for Obama?

Remember how so many self righteous Republicans called him every name in the book and then proclaimed how a real man holds his own umbrella and "GEE Dubya" and Ronald Reagan were "REAL MEN" and would NEVER make a service member hold his umbrella for him?

picture.php

The difference?

One of those men was worth his salt?

The others? Meh...not so much. More like worthless dung.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

picture.php

Why didn't they use this pic?

images

Yea like the Marine needed his help holding the umbrella up.:rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

What? When and where was this???:dunno:

Who is kvetching about that? Karl Rove?:dunno:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    The difference is three of those men had a deep and abiding respect for the military and it's members. They even possessed the grace to treat those around them with courtesy.
    Barry, on the other hand, has publicly announced his disdain for the services, and he acts like a spoiled child in front of the nation. He is the boy-king, ascended to the throne before his big-boy pants fit. He is petulant, and you can sum up his character in one word.....lacking.

p.s. Oh, wait.....word just in, Obama couldn't afford to return the salute because of the Republicans and their sequester***edit***it was Dubya's fault***edit***it was because of a Youtube video.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    A salute is both a military custom (based on an unwritten tradition) and a courtesy (based on written guidence). It is initiated by the junior. Not returning the courtesy is a serious thing. A community agitator wouldn't get that.

Not entirely true. Not acknowledging the salute is a breach of courtesy, but a salute is not required.

For example: While i was in uniform i saluted my CO and XO while they were in PT gear, but they did not not salute back. Instead they raised their hand and acknowledged that they saw the salute.

You only salute if you have headgear on, if you do not then you either stand at attention while giving the greeting of the day or, as i do when i'm walking around without headgear, give a nod while giving the greeting of the day. If the president wasn't wearing headgear then he shouldn't have returned the salute.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not entirely true. Not acknowledging the salute is a breach of courtesy, but a salute is not required.

For example: While i was in uniform i saluted my CO and XO while they were in PT gear, but they did not not salute back. Instead they raised their hand and acknowledged that they saw the salute.

You only salute if you have headgear on, if you do not then you either stand at attention while giving the greeting of the day or, as i do when i'm walking around without headgear, give a nod while giving the greeting of the day. If the president wasn't wearing headgear then he shouldn't have returned the salute.

Most of what you said is true, except for the last. We have frequently seen Presidents return the salutes of servicemembers, although I'm certain they do not always do so. The umbrella issue is a minor one, but minor irritations rankle more when there is a perceived lack of returned respect on the part of the CinC. The same thing was true, to my certain knowledge, with the previous Democrat President; both of them didn't bother to disguise their distain for the military, except when it was politically expedient to publicly do so.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

images

I bet you can't hold an umbrella straight out from your side for more than 10 minutes and neither could a marine or hulk hogan....

If you want to test me on it... set up a camera and make a 10 minute video outside doing it.

If you win you can change my avatar to whatever you want for a month... If I win... I get to change yours?

Sound fair?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

images

if you would of watched the speech you would of known that picture was taken when he was telling them they could take them down.

Top Bottom