• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was on the TV news at noon. Our wonderful WISH TV showed the poor guy going over the rail, but WTHR refused to as it was "too graphic".

My prayers do go out for the family of a guy who was just trying to do something special for his kid, and unfortunately turned a great father- son outing into a horror story.

Loar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    This story really gets to me. Apparently he was a firefighter who was - I think - 39 years old. I can only imagine him promising his son that he would get him a ball if one came close. Puts a knot in my stomach.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I feel bad for the player, that guy has been through a LOT of stuff to become one of the best MLB players and get his life squared away and now has to deal with the guilt of this.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I believe I heard on the TV news that the Texas Rangers organization as started a scholarship fund for the son. Very nice of them.

How really really sad. When I was a kid growing up in New York City, my dad took me to see the Yanks many times. I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch your dad go over the side!

Top Bottom