• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have been having the best luck out of the "Kelly's Bass Worms". They are super cheap to buy and they work. Not to mention their made right here in Indiana! Anyone else use these or have another favorite lure?...

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I have used Kelly lures before. They have always produced good fish for me but I don't use them as much as I used too. I fish a lot of tournaments and I always find myself using more finesse techniques. Another brand you may want to look into is poor boy baits. The owners are from the Syracuse area and they're great people. I was fishing a tourney up that way this past spring and noticed a flaw in one of thier soft plastics so I contacted them about it. That evening they personally brought me the correct color. It's not very often that an owner will drop everything to bring you what you need.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Topwaters are always the first thing I throw. Spooks, Skitterpops, Sammies, Speed Pencils, Buzzbaits, etc... Tough to beat that kind of fishing for me.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Topwaters are always the first thing I throw. Spooks, Skitterpops, Sammies, Speed Pencils, Buzzbaits, etc... Tough to beat that kind of fishing for me.

This. + hula poppers and tiny torpedos. Also like to throw a moss boss on top of the foliage and watch the approach and the impending carnage. I like to use these in the last hour of light, especially immediately right before dark. Due to the low light and the fact that I catch and release, I press the barbs down to form a bump on the treble hooks for ease of removal. One just needs to make sure to keep the line taunt.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If I had to pick just one bait the jointed floating rapala would be it. They can be fished mid and top water and produce for me.

summertime with Lilly pads then The plastic frog.

Real slow but warm water the Beatle spin ran slow and low with even jigging in play.

cold main lake with warming shallows the plastic worm (purple) rigged wacky or Texas.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks for all the replies fellas. I forgot all about the buzz baits an such. Its been a while since Ive fished and just now kinda getting back into it. I got a feeling Im gonna need to invest in a bigger tackle box lol.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Usually carry 2 rods when I do any fishing. Usually start with a spinnerbait, color will vary dark/light depending on water color, etc. Prefer a single colorado blade if I can get them. Terminator makes excellent spinnerbaits. 2nd rod will usually start with a lipless crank (Rat-L-Trap type bait, often a Voltage or Excalibur as they are cheaper than Rat-L-Traps and run very true). Usually in a shad type color.

I will switch up if I beat the water enough and nothing is happening, but can usually find a fish with this combination.

I carry a big soft tackle box with me, loaded with stuff, but often just use what is tied on the 2 rod setup from the start.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had decent luck fishing off a dock in extreme southern Canada last week. yellow flasher, orange beads, live nightcrawler on the hook. I'd go out for an hour at a time, averaging a fish this size every 20-30 mins. YMMV

IMG_0711%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Sorry its blurry. Its the only pic of my catch that shows the flasher.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Haven't run across Kelly's before. I'll have to give them a try. And they're pre-rigged. What's not to like?

Yea I find them at my local hardware store and there only $2 ea. So that's always nice fishing on the cheap. I got out a little bit and pulled a couple nice 2lb bass out of my back yard pond using the Kelly's thus far they are my go to Bass fishing lure.

Top Bottom