• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Anyone one from the region know of any good fishing spots that aren't too far away from the Griffith/Highland/Munster area? I would love to do some good bass fishing, if it even exists around here. I really just want more reliable spots than the public parks that I currently fish.

On a side note does anyone know anything about Fish A While lake in Griffith? I know you have to pay but I couldn't find out how much or what kind of rules they have.

I looked on the DNR site but it didn't really help me any, and it only showed big public waters.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    have you tried oxbow park? just a hop, skip, and a jump away from you. used to fish there when i lived in river park (glad those days are over), and had decent luck.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    have you tried oxbow park? just a hop, skip, and a jump away from you. used to fish there when i lived in river park (glad those days are over), and had decent luck.

Hmmm i was actually unaware you were allowed to fish there. Is there a certain area? To be honest ive only been there one time and i was very very young.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    fishing is definitely allowed. noted right on the sign.
    100_2959.JPG

it's been a good ten years since i lived there, so i've got no idea of spots for you. good luck!

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I've had good luck at Lake Side in Highland, but you have to know someone who lives on the lake to fish because there is no public access and you will probably get someone there complaining about trespassing. There is Oak Ridge Prairie in Griffith, but I haven't been there in years and I don't know what the fishing is like there

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Fish a while is a pay lake only good for catfish. Gotta go early or not at all. It's funny once you hook one, everyone's bobbers shoot where yours was. Dont believe they have any limits.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I've had good luck at Lake Side in Highland, but you have to know someone who lives on the lake to fish because there is no public access and you will probably get someone there complaining about trespassing. There is Oak Ridge Prairie in Griffith, but I haven't been there in years and I don't know what the fishing is like there

Does Oak Ridge Prairie have a fee? i thought i heard somewhere it does.

Top Bottom