• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Late last year I went to a cabbelas and was blown away. Just walked out of a bass pro shop and it is wow also.... Why can't we have either in Indy? They would put gander out of business.... Do like cabellas better... And yes tr handguns and defense type related ammo are sold out.... Lots of shotguns and hunting guns and ammo though...

Nice waterfall that runs into a big fish tank.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    You're not missing anything really, kinda neat tourist trap thing, but living close to both basspro and cabelas, eh, they're way overpriced on most stuff, WAYYYYY overpriced. When they have something you want on sale, you can find a decent deal, but 99% of the time, the local gun shops have it cheaper.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I stop in at the Bass Pro in southern Indiana on the way to visit my mom and I check the clearance racks and occasionally buy something, but other than that, it's just fun to look at the huge aquarium and the animal mounts.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    When hunting season rolls around, I do like Bass Pro for somethings, particulary clothing. Bibs, fleece, insulated boots...usually their redhead brand stuff is half gander mountain prices during the hunting sale.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Cabella's was going to build right off 65 and County Line Road south of Indianapolis.

They were getting the ground ready when the economy went south and they stopped the project.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have occasionally found a few decent deals on guns at Bass Pro, and if you have an outdoor rewards card, you can sometimes get right in the ball park price wise, of on line and LGS. They will also price match.

Of course, the best deals to be had, at Bass Pro anyway, are usually around a holiday, so I always hit em early in the mornings when they first open up to avoid the crowds.**

**excluding black Friday:D

Top Bottom