• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody using one of these? I was checking them out last night, says it is AR500 steel. Good up to 45 acp! Just curious if anybody has one and how it has lasted, and what types of calibers used! Thanks a bunch, I bought a cheap Winchester rubber spinned tonight at wally world but I would like to have steel. Thanks! :yesway::ingo:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Which one are you looking at? If it is AR500 it is good for way more than 45acp.....

This is the only target I found claiming anything specific on the steel:
    Caldwell Magnum Rifle Gong Target

We can get you setup with a stand, bracket, and 10" round for about $100.
    If you just want a 10" AR500 round it is only $36 from us.

You might want to check out our Rimfire Walkers and Rifle Jacks.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Which one are you looking at? If it is AR500 it is good for way more than 45acp.....

Not quite that one, they had a setup with probably an 8" round for $50 I believe. They had a cheaper setup for $35 but I didn't figure it would last long. That 10" round setup doesn't sound too bad, shoot me a PM with what it's rated at and how much shipped. Thanks!

get_armbarred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Crown Point

Im also interested. Shooting .45 ACP and 5.56

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Not quite that one, they had a setup with probably an 8" round for $50 I believe. They had a cheaper setup for $35 but I didn't figure it would last long. That 10" round setup doesn't sound too bad, shoot me a PM with what it's rated at and how much shipped. Thanks!

Get me your zip code and I will run the shipping numbers. I can also offer you a spring loaded popper in 10"/12" round or a 45% IPSC torso for a bit more.

The steel we sell is rated up through rifle calibers.

Im also interested. Shooting .45 ACP and 5.56

What exactly are you interested in?

Check out the links in my signature for both our subforum here as well as our website. Shipping will be much better than what the website says.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

The 10 inch round plate will take most anything that any of us will throw at it. I've not seen anything in the handgun category hurt mine. Ditto for rifles although the biggest thing I've shot is 5.56 and slugs out of a Saiga.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The 10 inch round plate will take most anything that any of us will throw at it. I've not seen anything in the handgun category hurt mine. Ditto for rifles although the biggest thing I've shot is 5.56 and slugs out of a Saiga.

Thanks for the reply! I ordered a 10" round setup from ZbornacSVT this morning and I can't wait to get it!! :rockwoot:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Not to hijack, ZbornacSVT, but have you made dueling trees before?

Yup. Had them on display at the 1500 for the first time. Currently doing some fine tuning to get the sensitivity where I want. I currently have material to make one more four paddle tree with 6" paddles. Six paddle trees will be available again next week.

No pictures at this time unless someone took some at either the 1500 or the Suppressor Demo last weekend. :n00b:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Got my new target today from Bobcat steel! :rockwoot: Very good construction and I can't wait to shoot it, awesome service and shipping to boot. I'm pumped, too bad I have to work in a little bit. :( I will post a pic up here in a bit.

picture.php

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    so..you shoot it yet?

I take it you got the springs re-installed ok? Don't forget your stakes!

No I just put it together before work, I plan on trying it out in the morning! I put the springs on yea, and attatched the target to the frame. I played with it by hand for a few minutes and it seems to work fine! Do you use tent stakes to hold it down or what do you recommend? Thanks!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    No I just put it together before work, I plan on trying it out in the morning! I put the springs on yea, and attatched the target to the frame. I played with it by hand for a few minutes and it seems to work fine! Do you use tent stakes to hold it down or what do you recommend? Thanks!

Whatever you have that fits in the hole. I recommend staking at an angle towards the front of the target.

Top Bottom