Bat trapped in our bathroom - NEED ADVICE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Title says it. A bat somehow got into our house, and we currently have it trapped in the bathroom. Problem is, where do we go from here? :dunno:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    images

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Kill it, its a bad omen. If you dont kill it you will be visited by two more bats one each of the next two years. These 3 years will all be bad luck years for you. Kill it.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    A friend of mine had a bat in house last year. I held out a fishing net in the doorway (hold it still) and it flew right into net, took it outside. That works as long as their wings are out. If they fold them up, they can get through the holes, then they are not happy bats anymore. Get out of house!!

2nd choice...Tennis Racket!!

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    What the F. I swear on my life that I trapped the bat in the bathroom. After a extensive search, it is nowhere to be seen. Where could it have gone?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Remember they hang upside down. So you might have missed it from your perspective. Try looking for it while standing on your head. Good Luck.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    They look huge in the house, but are very small when they fold up their wings!! Look everywhere. Maybe that is were it came in at, so could be gone. Check any vents, heat registers, it does not take much of a hole for them to get in through. Good Luck!!

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    *UPDATE*- Bat located. It's on the tippy top of a cabinet in the corner. Problem is, we can't see up there and through poking and prodding, it won't fly but is just squeaking at us...

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Get printcraft and/or ATM. Feed them lots of bacon & beans. Send them in 30 minutes later with some reading material. If the aftermath of that doesn't kill it, you're probably going to need Blade.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Throw a towel over it, they like it dark and it will calm him down. Then grab that sucker while he has a false sense of security.

Top Bottom