• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ben Affleck? Really? I'm still asking that after seeing the trailer. WTF were they thinking? It is as bad as I imagined. I dunno. Maybe they could have pulled it off if they could somehow make Ben Affleck in a batman suit look less like Ben Affleck. I mean, you can put a ***** in a manly costume, but he still looks like a *****.

[video=youtube;xe1LrMqURuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw[/video]

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    It looks bad all around, even with Ben in his robot suit. DC is doing their best to try and cash in as Marvel has with all these movies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My son laughed when we saw the preview during Avengers. It looked too popcorn even for him.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Grown men getting upset over who is picked to pretend to be character from a picture book created for children.

:rolleyes: :stickpoke:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Grown men getting upset over who is picked to pretend to be character from a picture book created for children.

:rolleyes: :stickpoke:
    Oh geeze. I'm just horriblly rude. I'm very sorry. I swear. I didn't know he's your idol. :stickpoke: Just kidding.

It's an action movie. Could Ben Affleck pull off a Dirty Harry remake? imagine Afleck saying the line, "you gotta ask yourself one question: 'do I feel lucky?' Well do ya punk?" And not hearing a laugh track afterwards.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It looks bad all around, even with Ben in his robot suit. DC is doing their best to try and cash in as Marvel has with all these movies.

I think D.C. has. It just hasn't put out the same volume as Marvel. Who didn't like the 3 Bale Bat man movies? And Watchmen was excellent. The new Flash and Arrow, on TV, are pretty solid too. Sure D.C. has had some stinkers (Green Latern), but I think Marvel has had a bunch more over the years. Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider.... and I won't even get started on Howard the Duck. But I think the main reason those films, from both companies, sucked was due to them letting the movie studios make them. Once they got the rights back and started their own studios, the comic companies have been putting out stuff truer to the stories, which is obviously going to be embraced by fans.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I think D.C. has. It just hasn't put out the same volume as Marvel. Who didn't like the 3 Bale Bat man movies? And Watchmen was excellent. The new Flash and Arrow, on TV, are pretty solid too. Sure D.C. has had some stinkers (Green Latern), but I think Marvel has had a bunch more over the years. Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider.... and I won't even get started on Howard the Duck. But I think the main reason those films, from both companies, sucked was due to them letting the movie studios make them. Once they got the rights back and started their own studios, the comic companies have been putting out stuff truer to the stories, which is obviously going to be embraced by fans.

The "new" marvel universe is what I am referring to. Which is why there is a re-boot of fantastic four on the way, and i dont see how you can put horward the duck and dare devil in the universe. Yes they are marvel but they were done before they had plans for the marvel universe. They already did a reboot of dare devil which is good. Yeah the 3 batman movies were fine, but watchmen was horrible, and the tv shows are a joke as well. This would be the first big DC univ. Movie but it just looks bad. I don't have an issue with anyone being batman but since Ben can't act it just drags the movie further down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For the batman that the last series wanted, Christian bale did an excellent job. That batman didn't really start out like the dark character that Batman became in the comics. Later they wanted to make bale's batman darker, but they just couldn't pull that off. That batman had already established his moral limits.

I joke about Affleck because he's a horrible actor who is even more horrible portraying action roles. It looks like DC is trying to make this batman as dark as the comic series, so not only will Affleck need to convince us he's a tough guy, he'll also need to convince us he is dark and complicated.

I liked Christian Bale's batman, he was a good fit for that. Affleck is a horrible fit for batman, especially a serious attempt to portray the dark knight. I took IGN's advice to wait and see. I presume the previews show a movie's best, and I acually laughed out loud at the line, "Tell me, do you bleed? You will!" It's a good line for a baddass. Not so much for Affleck.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be fair, I hated the idea of Heath "Brokeback" Ledger playing joker when they announced that. Or Michael Keeton in the original Batman. I ate lots of crow on those. Yes, I'm worried about Ben too, but there a chance he could pull it off.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To be fair, I hated the idea of Heath "Brokeback" Ledger playing joker when they announced that. Or Michael Keeton in the original Batman. I ate lots of crow on those. Yes, I'm worried about Ben too, but there a chance he could pull it off.
    Affleck didn't pull it off in the trailer. I think he could pull off Bruce Wayne though. And Michael Keaton's Batman? Now I liked the movie but more more because it was Batman than because of Keaton's ability to pull it off. At least it was better than Val Kilmer.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I believe "Happy Days" invented the term for this. It's called "jumping the shark".

It's a comic book hero. I'm not losing sleep over not seen comic book movies.

ALL this latest fad, comic book movies, tells me is that Hollywood has lost it's creativity. No real stories any more. Too much CGI, too much 'wire work' for the so-called 'actors'.

Sad, really. Haven't seen a 'great' new movie for years now.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The "new" marvel universe is what I am referring to. Which is why there is a re-boot of fantastic four on the way, and i dont see how you can put horward the duck and dare devil in the universe. Yes they are marvel but they were done before they had plans for the marvel universe. They already did a reboot of dare devil which is good. Yeah the 3 batman movies were fine, but watchmen was horrible, and the tv shows are a joke as well. This would be the first big DC univ. Movie but it just looks bad. I don't have an issue with anyone being batman but since Ben can't act it just drags the movie further down.

The TV shows and even the new Daredevil are great.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The new Fantastic Four is still not an entirely produced by Marvel Studios movie, as 20th Century Fox still has movie rights to the characters.

The Marvel character movies for those that Marvel completely controls the rights to have been pretty good, and not just a bunch of reboots.

The movie rights are convoluted due to deals done years ago that are still in effect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The reboots of reboots are getting kind of annoying. Spiderman is getting rebooted again. Not that it didn't need rescuing from Toby McGuire. But the second set was not bad. But they are making Spiderman younger, and smartassier, which is more true to the original story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe "Happy Days" invented the term for this. It's called "jumping the shark".

It's a comic book hero. I'm not losing sleep over not seen comic book movies.

ALL this latest fad, comic book movies, tells me is that Hollywood has lost it's creativity. No real stories any more. Too much CGI, too much 'wire work' for the so-called 'actors'.

Sad, really. Haven't seen a 'great' new movie for years now.

"Fad?" Batman films have been being made since the 40s, Superman the 50s. I remember the Spider-Man tv show, and who can forget Wonder Woman? Cap even had a crappy movies in the 80s.

Top Bottom