• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get that not everyone is into the "comic book movies". That's okay. Hollywood makes movies in plenty of genres. But, they tend to spend the most on the most popular themes. These movies are enjoyable to a pretty diverse group. Happy Days jumped the shark. Not because shark jumping was popular. Guess what? It didn't work. Turns out people were just ****ing bored with the fonz and having him do crazy stunts didn't help a whole lot.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    To be fair, I hated the idea of Heath "Brokeback" Ledger playing joker when they announced that. Or Michael Keeton in the original Batman. I ate lots of crow on those. Yes, I'm worried about Ben too, but there a chance he could pull it off.

I agree.

I was really hoping Bale would have come come back, I thought he was very good. I actually like Ben as an actor but I just dont know about him being Batman. I will wait until I see it before I criticize the decision to cast him in the role.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    And the guy that started it all, Flash Gordon, had a bunch of movies waaaaay back.

Never got into the old Flash Gordon from the 20s 30s 40s. A little before my time.

I would love to see a Flash Gordon re-boot. The 1980 movie was supposed to be a multi film deal, but fell through.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get that not everyone is into the "comic book movies". That's okay. Hollywood makes movies in plenty of genres. But, they tend to spend the most on the most popular themes. These movies are enjoyable to a pretty diverse group. Happy Days jumped the shark. Not because shark jumping was popular. Guess what? It didn't work. Turns out people were just ****ing bored with the fonz and having him do crazy stunts didn't help a whole lot.

When folks realized Henry...aka....the fonze was actually 5' nothing his larger than life image faded away.
    That whole series was based on the movie "American Graffiti" and it is a must see for anyone who grew up in that era. I did. I always had a very fast car.
    The TV series never hit the mark with me. The Fonze was based on the movie character with the yellow deuce coupe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When folks realized Henry...aka....the fonze was actually 5' nothing his larger than life image faded away.
    That whole series was based on the movie "American Graffiti" and it is a must see for anyone who grew up in that era. I did. I always had a very fast car.
    The TV series never hit the mark with me. The Fonze was based on the movie character with the yellow deuce coupe.

I grew up in that era as well. I saw American Graffiti.

I think the popularity of Happy Days fit a sweet spot between available primetime network entertainment. If Al Gore had invented the internet two or three decades earlier, a show like Happy Days probably wouldn't have survived the pilot.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    my 2 cents

im an older guy, (late 40's)and i went to the drive in with my gf and another couple to see batman, the keaton version, and thought well at least ill get to make out, but i didnt, my eyes were glued to the movie, casue i thought keaton as bat man...yeah right...as if!, he was great!

so i'll give affleck a chance as batman, i think keaton did an awesone job!
    i do think marvel/disney has done a good job, and i admit i was worried when "the house of mouse" took over, but i was wrong, the avengers was awsome, guardians is a-maz-ing! cap 2,i could go on (i haven't seen ulton yet, but im sure it good)

in the "marvel/disney vs dc" movie war, marvel is the winning..at this time!... cause if you look back, marvel and dc both have had ups and downs, and since im an old guy, i remember chris reeve(the actor, not the knife maker) playing superman and it was good(at least the first few were), and i remember superman returns, and it was .....well i cant use that kind of language here.

i remember going thru my dvd collection one day, and telling my daughter to "get those pos daredevel and electra movies away from the punisher before the stink rubs off on it!"

as for the marvel vs dc tv universe, i think dc is winning!, i've tried to watch agents of shield, but i cant...its to slow, on the other hand, gotham is awesome!, a few episodes ago when the joker laughed...i got goose bumps! and giggled like a little school girl!, the penguin is perfect, seeing jim gordon, the riddler, all the batman villans...i love the show!

now, daredevel on netflix is great so far!, ive watch two episodes and its a lot better than that damn ben afflec pos movie(hey ben if you're reading this, i paid 5 bucks for that dvd used...and i want my money back!)

its a great time to be a 'comic book movie nerd", but at the same time just to be a person who likes comic book based action movies. right now we all win!, but we have to be careful, cause the greedy movie people can ruin a good thing!, (ie. the fantastic 4 or howard the duck!, or blade trinity)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    my 2 cents

im an older guy, (late 40's)and i went to the drive in with my gf and another couple to see batman, the keaton version, and thought well at least ill get to make out, but i didnt, my eyes were glued to the movie, casue i thought keaton as bat man...yeah right...as if!, he was great!

so i'll give affleck a chance as batman, i think keaton did an awesone job!
    i do think marvel/disney has done a good job, and i admit i was worried when "the house of mouse" took over, but i was wrong, the avengers was awsome, guardians is a-maz-ing! cap 2,i could go on (i haven't seen ulton yet, but im sure it good)

in the "marvel/disney vs dc" movie war, marvel is the winning..at this time!... cause if you look back, marvel and dc both have had ups and downs, and since im an old guy, i remember chris reeve(the actor, not the knife maker) playing superman and it was good(at least the first few were), and i remember superman returns, and it was .....well i cant use that kind of language here.

i remember going thru my dvd collection one day, and telling my daughter to "get those pos daredevel and electra movies away from the punisher before the stink rubs off on it!"

as for the marvel vs dc tv universe, i think dc is winning!, i've tried to watch agents of shield, but i cant...its to slow, on the other hand, gotham is awesome!, a few episodes ago when the joker laughed...i got goose bumps! and giggled like a little school girl!, the penguin is perfect, seeing jim gordon, the riddler, all the batman villans...i love the show!

now, daredevel on netflix is great so far!, ive watch two episodes and its a lot better than that damn ben afflec pos movie(hey ben if you're reading this, i paid 5 bucks for that dvd used...and i want my money back!)

its a great time to be a 'comic book movie nerd", but at the same time just to be a person who likes comic book based action movies. right now we all win!, but we have to be careful, cause the greedy movie people can ruin a good thing!, (ie. the fantastic 4 or howard the duck!, or blade trinity)

I saw all the Keaton batman movies in the theater. I liked the movies. Not because of Keaton. I remember actually laughing out loud when he said, "I'm Batman." There's just no way "Mr Mom" can say that where it doesn't sound funny.

I think you're right about your current movie vs tv assessments. Marvel is winning in the theater, and DC, not so much. Every Superman movie since Reeves was mostly a bust. We'll see about Batman v Superman but I'm lowering my expectations hoping I'll not be disappointed.

For TV, Marvel screwed the pooch. They've ****ed up the Shield Universe with the whole bringing agent Coulson back from the dead. The movie universe is pissed about that and I've read that will not be happening in the movie universe. And you're right. It's supposed to be action/hero, not drama/pseudo used to be dead minor shield character. I [STRIKE]watched[/STRIKE] tolerated all of Agents of Shield season 1 on netflix. I'm probably not going to bother with season 2. I mean, heck, they didn't even have much in the way of T & A for cryin' out loud. At least give a guy THAT.

I binged all of Daredevel first season on netflix a few weekends ago. No spoilers. Just :yesway:. The ending. Superb. Enjoy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    For TV, Marvel screwed the pooch. They've ****ed up the Shield Universe with the whole bringing agent Coulson back from the dead. The movie universe is pissed about that and I've read that will not be happening in the movie universe. And you're right. It's supposed to be action/hero, not drama/pseudo used to be dead minor shield character. I [STRIKE]watched[/STRIKE] tolerated all of Agents of Shield season 1 on netflix. I'm probably not going to bother with season 2. I mean, heck, they didn't even have much in the way of T & A for cryin' out loud. At least give a guy THAT.

Really? We've really enjoyed Agents of Shield, for the most part. Watched it all so far. The end of the first season was pretty epic.

So there will be no Coulson in any of the movies going forward? Is that what you're saying?

I binged all of Daredevel first season on netflix a few weekends ago. No spoilers. Just :yesway:. The ending. Superb. Enjoy.

YES. This show was incredible. The scene where he fights those guys in the hallway for what seemed like 10 minutes... insane. You could feel his exhaustion.

As to batman vs. superman, I'm at least intrigued. Very disappointed in the casting choice, but I'll try to watch it with an open mind.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't like knowing that it's possible that some of the air I breathe was at one time in Ben Affleck's lungs. I don't like sharing the planet with weasels like him, but I have to tolerate it.

He ruined Daredevil and now he's been enabled to ruin another go-round with Batman.

I'd rather watch that horrible movie where Superman is Superdeadbeat Dad again than Ben Affleck as Batman. Twice.

ARGH.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never got into the old Flash Gordon from the 20s 30s 40s. A little before my time.

I would love to see a Flash Gordon re-boot. The 1980 movie was supposed to be a multi film deal, but fell through.

I LOVE the 80s Flash movie. The soundtrack also rocks.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Really? We've really enjoyed Agents of Shield, for the most part. Watched it all so far. The end of the first season was pretty epic.

So there will be no Coulson in any of the movies going forward? Is that what you're saying?

YES. This show was incredible. The scene where he fights those guys in the hallway for what seemed like 10 minutes... insane. You could feel his exhaustion.

As to batman vs. superman, I'm at least intrigued. Very disappointed in the casting choice, but I'll try to watch it with an open mind.

they say you have to give joss whedon two seasons, like with buffy and angel....but the big problem is that you have to make it thru the first season!

I don't like knowing that it's possible that some of the air I breathe was at one time in Ben Affleck's lungs. I don't like sharing the planet with weasels like him, but I have to tolerate it.

He ruined Daredevil and now he's been enabled to ruin another go-round with Batman.

I'd rather watch that horrible movie where Superman is Superdeadbeat Dad again than Ben Affleck as Batman. Twice.

ARGH.

i'll give it a shot, hell i give any comic based movie a shot, i kinda(i know gasp) liked punisher war zone!, and truth be told i liked "the shadow"(alec baldwin 1994), maybe im nieve, maybe im just too trusting, hell im sure somepoeple say im looking fo get taken advantage of, but like i said, its a good time to be a nerd!

if i wasent willing to give a movie a second chance, i would have never watched "dredd" cause i watch that pos "judge dredd" and that made me hate stalone more than i already did!

p.s. who's looking forward to suicide squad?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If Agents of Shield is better in the 2nd season maybe I'll watch it on netlix. But it definitely needs more action/less drama, and it surely needs more T & A :cool:

Yes, no Coulson in the movies. I think that Marvel did not want Coulson brought back into the universe, but the TV producers apparently had the leeway to do it. I can see why they did it. No obvious person to head up Shield otherwise. And EVERYONE loves Coulson. So unless the execs have a change of heart, in the Avengers official universe, Coulson is still dead.

I don't know if you binge watched Daredevil, but it is way cool, if not marriage damaging, watching the episodes back to back over a weekend.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If Agents of Shield is better in the 2nd season maybe I'll watch it on netlix. But it definitely needs more action/less drama, and it surely needs more T & A :cool:

I liked it. You're right, it's a little slow at times.

Yes, no Coulson in the movies. I think that Marvel did not want Coulson brought back into the universe, but the TV producers apparently had the leeway to do it. I can see why they did it. No obvious person to head up Shield otherwise. And EVERYONE loves Coulson. So unless the execs have a change of heart, in the Avengers official universe, Coulson is still dead.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

I don't know if you binge watched Daredevil, but it is way cool, if not marriage damaging, watching the episodes back to back over a weekend.

I watched it WITH the wife, took us about a week to finish it. Epic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am temporarily lifting my temporary ban from INGO because I'm in a boring meeting where nothing they're discussing concerns me.

I just heard some more detail from a reliable source who has been keeping up with this (my son who is an extreme Marvel/DC geek). The series needed Coulson to be alive to have any kind of descent story. But that complicates the direction the Marvel Cinematic Universe was heading. His death is important to the Avengers. So that kind of pissed off the directors because it complicates their future plans. So as of now, as far as the movie people are concerned, Coulson is dead. However, he is technically alive in the official MCU because of the series. Also, there was some talk that Coulson could appear in some future Marvel movie, so it looks like the movie people may lose that battle.

My personal opinion is that the series needs Coulson to be alive, (POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!) and the details filled in about what happened behind the scenes in CA2 - Winter Soldier, are just too good not to be a part of the MCU.

When I wrote my last post I was kinda down on the series, and I'd have rated it only a 3/5. After talking with my son and recalling some more details, especially the last few episodes, I'll bump that up to 4/5. looking forward to season 2 on netflix.

Meeting over. Rambling over. Back to work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Why don't they just make Coulson an LMD, or the Coulson who died in the movie and LMD?

It would be very SHIELD-like.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I LOVE the 80s Flash movie. The soundtrack also rocks.

I love that movie too. And you are right, Queen rocks that soundtrack.

My little Sam J Jones story. A couple years ago I ordered a personally signed picture of Sam for my brother for Christmas in the middle of November. . . it never showed. I was not happy and sent a message to Sams official site. I received a e-mail back from Flash himself ( which I still have in my e-mail ). He was very apologetic and said he would make up for the mistake. A couple days later a large box arrived and inside it is filled with new carded action figures, 8X10's, posters and even an original 1980 promo book sent out to critics telling about the "New" Flash Gordon film. Everything single item was signed by Flash himself. I gave my brother his picture and a couple items and I kept the rest. I have still have everything including the shipping boxes as he personally wrote out the shipping labels ( the writing on the labels matches his signitures and a note he wrote me). I was beyond thrilled and will always be grateful to him for going above and beyond what he did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why don't they just make Coulson an LMD, or the Coulson who died in the movie and LMD?

At the risk of spoiling it, I'll say this: the way they "revived" him was very SHIELD-like. There are some holes in the storyline but I can accept it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The reboots of reboots are getting kind of annoying. Spiderman is getting rebooted again. Not that it didn't need rescuing from Toby McGuire. But the second set was not bad. But they are making Spiderman younger, and smartassier, which is more true to the original story.

Agreed, but I understand that Marvel has reached some kind of agreement to gain more artistic control over the Spiderman movies, so that they can eventually tie him into the Civil War story line that is supposed to come out of the next Captain America movie. At least in the novelization of Civil War, Spiderman was a pretty integral part of that story line, so they would need him to pull it off correctly.

First half of Season 1 of Agents of Shield was slow. The tie into the movies in the second half really picked things up. Season 2 has been pretty good so far.

"Hello, you have reached the Life Model Decoy of Tony Stark", loved that reference in the movie... and yes, LMDs would have been very Shield like from the comics.

At the risk of spoiling it, I'll say this: the way they "revived" him was very SHIELD-like. There are some holes in the storyline but I can accept it.

I thought so as well.

Going to see Ultron this weekend and looking forward to it.

I've watched the first few episodes of DD on Netflix and enjoying it so far. I read that Marvel is looking to do a Luke Cage, and Power Fist show as well and then tie it into a Defenders series...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed, but I understand that Marvel has reached some kind of agreement to gain more artistic control over the Spiderman movies, so that they can eventually tie him into the Civil War story line that is supposed to come out of the next Captain America movie. At least in the novelization of Civil War, Spiderman was a pretty integral part of that story line, so they would need him to pull it off correctly.

Yep. I think that is the entire reason for the 2nd reboot. I think the first was to divest itself from Toby McGuire. This reboot is to set up a tie in with CA3 Civil War.

Going to see Ultron this weekend and looking forward to it.

I've watched the first few episodes of DD on Netflix and enjoying it so far. I read that Marvel is looking to do a Luke Cage, and Power Fist show as well and then tie it into a Defenders series...
    I think the Defenders series is set up more as a mini-series. If it's good, hopefully it would turn into something longer running.

I'm also looking forward to the supposed Avengers tie in with Guardians of the Galaxy. With all that's happening, I'm just geeking out on this stuff.

Because of schedule I won't get to see Ultron for a couple of weeks. At least the theaters will be thinned out a bit by then.

Top Bottom