• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Green tip or no, the government needs to keep their hands off. Sick of this crap. Can we fight back? Of course we can and should. The "does not affect me this time" argument is not the point.

The point is that whether or not people realize it or not......It does affect them. And as long as the ATF and this administration is involved, not in a good way.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I e-mailed a shot (more like an epistle) across BATFE's bow and forwarded to Rep Rokita and Senator Coats. I couldn't bring myself to send it to Donnelly, maybe later.

Petition was up to 1154.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I read the ATF notice and what I gathered was although originally intended for pistols that component was not enacted and they had issued an exemption for the M855 and now they were deciding to get rid of the exemption. This is a slippery slope and something regardless of if you use that round should really look into what the ATF is stating and then inform them if you agree or disagree with them.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I implore each and every person on this forum to please send a comment to: APAComments@atf.gov in regards to 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(C).

Don't just complain about the over reach of government on this forum, tell them that this is unacceptable.

Most of us probably don't even use M855/SS109 ammo, I have on occasion and it's fun with some car steal. But this is a clear case of government pushing gun restrictions without even voting on it. Not only that, but this can very easily fall into the 'slippery slope' situation. If they want to redefine M855 ammo as armor piercing because it can be used in an AR pistol, then what about every rifle caliber that fits in a pistol? Standard 223/556 ball ammo will go through Kevlar just as easily as a steel core, so does that make it armor piercing as well?

This has the same flavor as the talks not so long ago of wanting to classify Semi-autos in the same category as suppressors and SBRs and require a tax stamp in the very least.

Again, please let yourselves be heard not just on the forum, but on the doorsteps of the tyrants. I hate to think we're going to go out in a whimper instead of a thunderous war cry.

Start a thread for this. And add the petition in with it!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    So would this make M855 the same as Chinese Steel Core as to what's out there is out there and if you have some in your inventory that's OK ?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    This is how it goes when an enforcement agency is allowed to make laws (instead of the Legislative Branch) and interpret laws (instead of the Judicial Branch). They are there to please one person that can't otherwise be pleased.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are people painting the tips of xm193 now? I guess I will have to test each round with a magnet from now on

^^^^^ insert purple
    On a completely unrelated subject, what is the exact shade of green on the M855? Lacquer or enamel? :D

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am sure tons of orders have now been placed and most online stores are going to be sold out of M855.

If everyone who placed a panicked order had used that time to send an email to his congressman and to the BATFE we would be in a much better place.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Email sent to atf and signed petition. Also texted petition to people I know. Please people get off your bums and send an email and sign the petition.
    I you did or do then Thank you! You just helped defend freedom. If your too big of a ***** or lazy to do it then **** you go live in china!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Tim at MAC is the man.
    Just signed and verified the petition; the count was only up to 2362 at that point.
    Be sure that when you sign, that you verify it through your e-mail afterward, or it won't count.
    However, knowing what a bunch of autocrats are currently running the show in this particular administration, I doubt it would matter if we had over a million signatures.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Petition signed, emails sent, petition and video shared on social media. And yes, I picked up the last 3 boxes available at the local Walmart.

Top Bottom