• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I wanted to check in and see if this is something you do or would be interested in doing. I found a Cerakote technique I really like. As far as I can tell you put on a layer of burnt bronze and let it cure in the oven then put on a layer of black and let it only partially cure before you rub part of it off with a scotch pad or something similar. It's more labor intensive than a single color, but not as bad as camo or something with a pattern. I'd be interested in a handgun slide at first and maybe an AR later. Here are a few pictures of what I've seen:

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I like the burnt bronze (2nd pic) But I like burnt bronze on everything just in a normal cerakote job...

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am familiar with the "battle worn" look. I like it and have been wanting to do it but have not yet.
    I have cut way back on the work I am taking in but am still doing Cerakote work.
    Expecially if it comes to me disassembled. I would be glad to do this for you and if you can send a bare frame and slide that would be a plus.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Do you think it would look better with just the slide being done or whe whole thing? I was thinking just the slide and maybe close release being done would contrast well with a black frame. Then again, maybe the whole thing would look good too. Any thoughts? I'm in Florida so everything will have to be shipped. If I do just the slide I don't think I'd have to send it through an FFL. Also, any idea on price? You can PM it to me if you'd like. I'd definitely be able to send it to you disassembled.

Top Bottom