• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCriswell

Plinker
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just installed a BC2 on my RRA SBR. It is well worth the cost. I was amazed at the reduced recoil. There was little to no muzzle rise when firing. One of these would be awesome on a full auto.

SCriswell

Plinker
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    A friend of mine turned me onto it. It is a 10 1/2 inch. I had a YHM phantom on it which I liked. I was a little hesitant at first to switch, but now no regrets.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    He'll be a bit late cause he spent all his money on a Battle Comp. This is just one product I cannot get into. Seriously 155-170 bucks?! I use a combo of AAC Blackout and Brakeout muzzle devices, but I also mount a can to them pretty often. The guns I do have that don't get a can on them, can be found sporting the good old A2 flash hider. For 5.00-20.00 bucks, they do a much better job of suppressing muzzle flash, as shown by the Battle Comp promo video. This is one of those things, where I just shake my head and think about how I could have saved some money. A training class or ammo compared to this thing is a much better buy. For the price they ask for these things, it makes the 200.00 tax stamp a killer deal by comparison. If you saved up for 5 of these things, you'd have either an AAC M4-1000 or a YHM Phantom that would not only: reduce muzzle rise, eliminate muzzle flash, and felt recoil... You'd also save your hearing, which is way more important than be able to shoot your M16 one handed in my opinion.

This is one of those products I think is a total waste of money and I can't get over the people who drop so much money on them. If I owned an AR/M4 or any other weapon that I could get a silencer for, and I didn't have one for it yet.. The battle comp would be the last thing I would ever purchase. The can would do much more for you in a wider variety of situations.

One thing I will say their marketing is top notch.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    155-170 bucks?! I use a combo of AAC Blackout and Brakeout muzzle devices, but I also mount a can to them pretty often.

AAC's muzzle devices run $100-150 and can mount a suppressor. The BC 2.0 is $165 and can mount a suppressor (GT HALO), but also offers reduced side blast and noise compared to other comps.

I don't see how you can use one kind, but see the other as a waste of money. :dunno:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    The Brakeout is like $150.00, has obnoxious side blast, and can mount a suppressor. The BC 2.0 is $165, has relatively little side blast, and can mount a suppressor (GT HALO). I don't see how you can use one, but see the other as a waste of money. :dunno:

I stand corrected the Blackout and Blackout Comp which I use MSRP for 99.00, and retail for 84.95ea. Also I can mount an AAC Mini-4, M4-2000, and 7.62SD(n) to them all.

If I didn't own and/or use the above a A2 would fit the bill fine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd have to disagree. I ran two tests with my duty rifle and compared the A2 to the Battle comp. One test was 30 rounds of double taps on ten small circles, the second test was 30 rounds of full auto. On the first test the BC allowed me to shave two seconds off of my time with a pretty substantial improvement in accuracy. With the 30 rounds on full auto test my group shrunk from 4.25" with the A2 to 3.025" with the BC at 3 yards.

I'm not going to pay for a suppressor on my duty rifle. I'm not going to risk losing it should I ever have to use it. The BC was a solid investment which provided immediate benefits and is well worth the money.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I stand corrected the Blackout and Blackout Comp which I use MSRP for 99.00, and retail for 84.95ea.

I noticed that, too; it's their Blackout brakes (as opposed to the FH) that run $150. I have edited my post accordingly.

But in the end, it's all relative. Just as you see a $165.00 muzzle device as a waste of money, I'm sure there are plenty of INGOers rocking A2 flash hiders that see a $84.95 muzzle device the same way...

If you REALLY want to talk :nuts: , how 'bout that KAC Triple Tap? ;)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    So at 3 yards,

A2 = $4.70 per inch of relative group size.
    Battle Comp = $54.55 per inch of relative group size

Nope, not convinced from a financial stand point. From the day I got to shoot with one of these things, it didn't do enough to impress me from the cost stand point either.

Last edited:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I noticed that, too; it's their Blackout brakes (as opposed to the FH) that run $150. I have edited my post accordingly.

But in the end, it's all relative. Just as you see a $165.00 muzzle device as a waste of money, I'm sure there are plenty of INGOers rocking A2 flash hiders that see a $84.95 muzzle device the same way...

If you REALLY want to talk :nuts: , how 'bout that KAC Triple Tap? ;)

That one really is even more nuts. Seriously I think if they started making an Inconel peel washer advertised as ground to +-.00000000000000092 flat, people would pay $50.00 for them.

If I didn't run AAC cans on my guns I wouldn't even use the Blackouts. I do feel that they provide one of the most solid mounting options for a QD suppressor as does Suppressed Armament Systems (Although theirs does effectively eliminate recoil, don't send it if the spotter has his ears out)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Seriously I think if they started making an Inconel peel washer advertised as ground to +-.00000000000000092 flat, people would pay $50.00 for them.

Only if Costa rocked one in a Magpul Dynamics DVD. ;)

"It's like a little tiny piece of the Space Shuttle hanging off the front of your gun..." :laugh:

Mechanically, my $70.00 Smith Enterprises DC comp (think Vortex, but with ports instead of slots) works just as well as a BC at controlling muzzle rise and will mount my HALO. I'd like to do some side-by-side testing of flash and noise signature between the two, to see if the BC offers enough improvement to justify the extra $$.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So at 3 yards,

A2 = $4.70 per inch of relative group size.
    Battle Comp = $54.55 per inch of relative group size

Nope, not convinced from a financial stand point. From the day I got to shoot with one of these things, it didn't do enough to impress me from the cost stand point either.

For my purposes that is cheap insurance. I didn't put it on a recreational rifle.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am continually sending out packets on the benefits of suppressed duty weapons to various LEO agencies and can even arrange a demo later in the spring. Hint, hint.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Brother I've tried, believe me. I've run a suppressor on my sniper rifle for the past three years and have plead and provided more than ample justification for them but the department is not willing to spend the money. No one seems to be opposed to them, just not willing to spend the money. Hell, we're lucky to have ammo for training the way the budget is going these days.

Now, if someone was willing to donate them (hint, hint). We've got 39 guys on the team but only 30 M4 rifles so it wouldn't be too bad ;) :D

Top Bottom