Bayonets.. EVERY RIFLE NEEDS ONE... (almost)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dang it.
    Now you guys got me thinking again about my Colt AR HBAR sporter.
    That DOESN'T have a bayonet lug.
    Probably never use or need one.
    But of course, I hate that it's 'neutered' without one.
    Ugh those post AWB colt abominations. But you gotta do what you gotta do, pound out those taper pins and put a proper FSB with lug on it. And depending on the model, you may need to thread the muzzle (the last ones of these just had a target crown)

Honestly on some of them, your money ahead to just re-barrel the thing.

I am lucky enough to have an A2 White Oak Armory national match upper.. and even with all the match upgrades, it will still mount the bayonet.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I do have a rifle that this fits on ! :alright:

i-2Gj73wt-XL.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks OP, another expensive rabbit hole I've gone down now. Looks like Sig makes a rail mounted bayonet mount that is a little more financially practical than the one from Geissle. I know, shocker that Geissle didn't have lower prices than the other options right!?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks OP, another expensive rabbit hole I've gone down now. Looks like Sig makes a rail mounted bayonet mount that is a little more financially practical than the one from Geissle. I know, shocker that Geissle didn't have lower prices than the other options right!?
    Yeah that rail mount thing is overly expensive. Thankfully a lot of rifles have OEM ways to mount a bayonet, or surplus parts that can be purchased to mount bayonets

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Everything needs a bayonet. Except those things that don’t. I do t think “everything “ means what you think it means.
    What I mean specifically, is anything that you use in a tactical role, that isn't a machine gun, smg, pistol, or precision bolt action.

What should always be able to take a Bayonet in my opinion.

Scout Rifle, Tactical Carbine, Tactical Rifle, Select Fire Rifle, Designated Marksman Rifle, and Combat Shotgun.

The Marines have the right idea, they made H&K put a bayonet lug on the new M27 IAR, much to the consternation of H&K

m27stab.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I took a Pattern 1907 bayonet and had my knife guy make a custom handle for it. Now it's a supper stabby, and very quick in hand short sword.

1907 sword bayonet.JPG

I have a second one I was thinking of turning into a sword cane, but now I'm thinking it may find a home on the end of my SBR...
    A 17" bayonet at the end of the 11.5" barrel should get me a good 10" of steel poking out in front, even with the can on if I can figure out a way to mount it.

What makes the green grass grow?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I took a Pattern 1907 bayonet and had my knife guy make a custom handle for it. Now it's a supper stabby, and very quick in hand short sword.

View attachment 258513

I have a second one I was thinking of turning into a sword cane, but now I'm thinking it may find a home on the end of my SBR...
    A 17" bayonet at the end of the 11.5" barrel should get me a good 10" of steel poking out in front, even with the can on if I can figure out a way to mount it.

What makes the green grass grow?
    Where there is a will, there is a way. The Turks took some old Mauser bayonets and adapted them to the M1 Garands they had.

T.M5.mb.JPG

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom