• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    341   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just pulled some chicken off the grill, and my GOODNESS is it good.

I prefer Open Pit - easy to get, sweet, and tasty. But looking for some new recipes.

Whatcha like?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If I'm not making my own, (which is the usual MO) I might use a bottle of Bullseye on occasion. No High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Just yummy, yummy sugar. Usually, it's easier and cheaper to make your own and tailor it to the meat.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Sweet baby Rays...any flavor, my ultimate favorite BBQ sauce. Honey chipotle, and hickory and brown sugar are mt two flavors.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If I'm not making my own(I'll get the recipe out if you would like), I like Sweet Baby Rays(regular and hickory/brown sugar) or a combination of Sweet Baby Rays and KC Masterpiece.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Chicken marinated in cheap italian dressing is pretty good!:)

Beer can chicken with added liquid smoke to the beer is good also.:)

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Regardless of what sauce I use, I like to put the chicken in a pot full of water with about a cup full of barbeque sauce added. (I sometimes add an onion and/or garlic powder to the water.) I boil the chicken until it is fully cooked then I coat it with more barbeque sauce and put it on the grill. I use the grill to cook the barbeque sauce into the outside of the chicken, but I don't have to worry whether or not the chicken is getting cooked because I know that the boiling already cooked it. This method works great for ribs too.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't cook with BBQ sauce, instead I smoke using a dry rub...

Ribs....

dinner.jpg

Brisket...

b2.jpg

b4.jpg

after cooking I will use a little Johnson's (vinegar based from southern Illinois) on shredded brisket

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Beer Can Chicken is the shiznit.
    Whole chicken rinsed and rubbed down with your favorite chicken and rib rub.
    1/2 a can of beer add 6 oz. bbq sauce your choice.
    Set grill to med/low heat stand chicken on legs and beer can over a pie pan to catch the drippings.
    cook 1 1/2 hr to 1 hr 45 min depending on size of chicken.
    Carve chicken and use reduced sauce in beer can as a bbq sauce on chicken.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Regardless of what sauce I use, I like to put the chicken in a pot full of water with about a cup full of barbeque sauce added. (I sometimes add an onion and/or garlic powder to the water.) I boil the chicken until it is fully cooked then I coat it with more barbeque sauce and put it on the grill. I use the grill to cook the barbeque sauce into the outside of the chicken, but I don't have to worry whether or not the chicken is getting cooked because I know that the boiling already cooked it. This method works great for ribs too.

DON'T EVER BOIL RIBS!!!!!!!! that is a cardinal sin and you should be tarred and feather for even suggesting people do it. now as far as BBQ sauce, it has probably been 10 years since I bought any sauce. I use my vinegar sauce for my pork butt and my memphis sauce for everything else.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    My only way to go: Famous Dave's Devil Spit

I love that stuff. I put it on EVERYTHING. Beef, chicken, pork, you name it.

Hijacking sidenote: IMHO any of Dave's BBQ sauces are deelish. ~AND~ Try their hellfire pickles too, if you dare.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    DON'T EVER BOIL RIBS!!!!!!!! that is a cardinal sin and you should be tarred and feather for even suggesting people do it. now as far as BBQ sauce, it has probably been 10 years since I bought any sauce. I use my vinegar sauce for my pork butt and my memphis sauce for everything else.

You left me hanging. Are you in the mood for sharing your recipes? Please?

BTW My wife is a pharmacist and she recommends vinegar for "pork butt" as well.....:D

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I like Ditka's BBQ sauce, but I don't see it around Bton very often so I go with Sweet Baby Ray's. As previously mentioned, the many different variations of BBQ sauce are all quite tasty.

Top Bottom