• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heres the upper that'll be going on the lower when i get it back. Stinks i have to wait as i was gonna hit JP Sunday

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I was one of those guys with trigger fitting issues. With my INGO lower I had to do a little grinding on the housing of my drop-in trigger to get it to fit. That was the only issue I had with it though.

I had the same trouble-- would not take a CMC or a Timney. Did not want to grind, so I just used the premium set from PSA.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had the same trouble-- would not take a CMC or a Timney. Did not want to grind, so I just used the premium set from PSA.

I had an Anderson lower to compare the BCI to, and where the cutout on the Anderson had more or less square corners in the front, the BCI had more of a radius to them. Didn't have to grind a lot, but the trigger housing just wouldn't quite drop into place without it. Mine was a Rise Armament trigger.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I just finished building the second of my two INGO/BCI lowers, no issues with either of mine. The 1st has a BCM LPK and PNT trigger, the second one got an Odin LPK and a recycled RRA trigger. Both has the bolt catch retaining pin hole. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I picked up two yesterday. They look okay, but you know how that goes. You don't really know until you start banging parts in place.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    MAC has some info on BCI in this video, starts at 9:45.
    [video]https://youtu.be/Dv1ib-DQDs8[/video]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Seems to me there is definitely some issues with BCI. While they are taking care of the issue on mine, it doesn't give me much faith to buy another. I have several Anderson lowers I've built and not 1 issue. Have also used Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster, & PSA all with zero issues. I believe this will be my first and probably last experience with them

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems to me there is definitely some issues with BCI. While they are taking care of the issue on mine, it doesn't give me much faith to buy another. I have several Anderson lowers I've built and not 1 issue. Have also used Ruger, S&W, Bushmaster, & PSA all with zero issues. I believe this will be my first and probably last experience with them
    See, I was one of those that got an Anderson with the grip screw channel that wasn't fully tapped. That gave me a bad taste for them with my floppy grip....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Guess over time we're all bound to have an issue with a lower, or just about any product for that matter, as no manufacturers are perfect. I am one to usually give a second chance and I do give BCI credit as i did tell them i bought thru private party and weren't the slightest bit hesitant to fix the problem. So overall the customer service up to this point is top notch, which is something i definitely would consider in the future. It will all comeback to the end result however, which I'm positive will be great

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    See, I was one of those that got an Anderson with the grip screw channel that wasn't fully tapped. That gave me a bad taste for them with my floppy grip....

Does it need to be tapped all the way through?

I've got 12 of these, none of them is tapped all the way, but the thread is long enough for the grip screws. I have built 4 of them so far, don't see what the problem is.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

I've got 12 of these, none of them is tapped all the way, but the thread is long enough for the grip screws. I have built 4 of them so far, don't see what the problem is.

Depends on the grip and screw combination. Not a huge deal to me, but I'll avoid the possible aggravation. It kind of irks me that they haven't taken care of the issue, minor as it is.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

It is a problem when the grip screw won't go in far enough to tighten the grip down. Then you have a choice of retapping the hole or cutting off the grip screw. Someone said there is some LPKs that will fit it, but the two I had wouldn't.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Depends on the grip and screw combination. Not a huge deal to me, but I'll avoid the possible aggravation. It kind of irks me that they haven't taken care of the issue, minor as it is.

I just went ahead and tapped the hole the rest of the way through. Took a couple of minutes.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    1/4"-28 thread is not gonna matter, or gain any more strength by using longer, 1.5x of the diameter thread engagement will be more than enough to do what it does. Otherwise, the would have put a bigger screw in there.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Never had a problem with Anderson lowers. I've even SBR'd a few of them. If any of them weren't tapped all the way through a couple of washers would easily resolve the problem if I didn't know how to chase a thread.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Received the lower back today and all looks good visually. Will be assembling this evening. Gotta say that they were very good about fixing the issue and turnaround was fast. I sent back via their supplied postage which left here on Monday. So 4 day turnaround im extremely pleased about. Got a couple free stickers too. Overall very happy with customer service and more than likely, as long as fit and function is good, will give them another shot in the future

Top Bottom