• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I dont think they officially launched and made them available to the public yet. That's why their site shows out of stock. And I know there's bunches of people on other sites that have done the "notify me" option for when they are in stock. They'll sell out immediately any time they're in stock for the next year.

And probably will be for life! I love BCM products, but they are sooper dooper slooow to restock!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I dont think they officially launched and made them available to the public yet. That's why their site shows out of stock. And I know there's bunches of people on other sites that have done the "notify me" option for when they are in stock. They'll sell out immediately any time they're in stock for the next year.
    BCM has been talking about the "release" all year, and still have nothing to sell. I've been on the "list" for months, as I never went Keymod based on friends still in the mix that complained about them not holding, not meaning holding zero, just not holding to the rail if bumped on walls or corners etc. as soon as BCM mentioned M-Lok, I was onboard!!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    There are other great options out there if you don't want to wait. IMHO, the ALG EMR m-lok handguard is the best design out there. The barrel nut is very long and provides the most support of any design I've seen, the rail bolts to the nut, and there are anti rotation tabs. The tube itself is exceptionally light and makes use of ribs to stiffen the rail. All designed by Bill Geissele.

Centurion, SLR, and SMOS also have exceptional rails. The BCM rail and attachment method is no better than any of those. It just adds to the list of excellent rails available.

(I know some people will notice I left off Geissele rails. I did so because I dislike their heavy weight and form. But they are exceptionally solid.)

BCM has been talking about the "release" all year, and still have nothing to sell. I've been on the "list" for months, as I never went Keymod based on friends still in the mix that complained about them not holding, not meaning holding zero, just not holding to the rail if bumped on walls or corners etc. as soon as BCM mentioned M-Lok, I was onboard!!

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have the KMR hand guard on my Recce 16 and I really like it. It's the keymod one, which is the only questionable thing about it. If this is the same dimensions just with the M-Lok mounting points, it'll be a great hand guard. I don't see any reason to switch mine out, though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There are other great options out there if you don't want to wait. IMHO, the ALG EMR m-lok handguard is the best design out there. The barrel nut is very long and provides the most support of any design I've seen, the rail bolts to the nut, and there are anti rotation tabs. The tube itself is exceptionally light and makes use of ribs to stiffen the rail. All designed by Bill Geissele.

Centurion, SLR, and SMOS also have exceptional rails. The BCM rail and attachment method is no better than any of those. It just adds to the list of excellent rails available.

(I know some people will notice I left off Geissele rails. I did so because I dislike their heavy weight and form. But they are exceptionally solid.)
    Damn it man, I want it all right now, light weight, rock solid lock, and return to zero! Quit raining on my BCM will get me one this time next year parade. I love their product, I will wait. Quit trying to change my mind!!!!;)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I have had no problems with my Keymod, but I am just not that hard on a rifle. Maybe one or two 1,000 round classes a year and 6 or 7 two gun matches. Probably won't bother even switching mine over.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I haven't had any issues with the KeyMod in any way shape or form.
    I don't abuse my rifles BUT I don't baby them either.
    I have plenty of KeyMod accessories so It'd be silly for me to switch over.
    The way I use my gear.... Heck, I'll buy your Keymod stuff when you go to M-Lok.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Almost forgot about the Mega/Hodge M-Lok rails that are on the market now. Check them out. I'd take them over a BCM any day. They are :drool: :rockwoot:

Damn it man, I want it all right now, light weight, rock solid lock, and return to zero! Quit raining on my BCM will get me one this time next year parade. I love their product, I will wait. Quit trying to change my mind!!!!;)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have had no problems with my Keymod, but I am just not that hard on a rifle. Maybe one or two 1,000 round classes a year and 6 or 7 two gun matches. Probably won't bother even switching mine over.

I haven't had any issues with the KeyMod in any way shape or form.
    I don't abuse my rifles BUT I don't baby them either.
    I have plenty of KeyMod accessories so It'd be silly for me to switch over.
    The way I use my gear.... Heck, I'll buy your Keymod stuff when you go to M-Lok.

I feel like most people who have keymod still feel this way. I was about about buy another BCM upper and I still may buy a keymod, I'm not really too biased either way other than I already have way more keymod than mlok stuff.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Thats how how it works. If you need help getting rid of your old kmrs, I'll be happy to dispose of them for you.

Dang it. So I have to change out the rails/handguards on all my rifles to fit in with the kewl kids?

Top Bottom