• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When pasting, my etiquette for scoring errors is that if something looks wrong and could help the shooter, say something. If something looks wrong and the shooter got a lucky break, paste it.

I don't know if that is the best etiquette, but I have seen fireworks when a shooter feels like somebody else is looking close to make sure he does not miss getting a score reduction.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    When I'm ROing I would rather the paster ask me to take a second look if the call didn't look right rather then let a bad call stand. As a shooter I'm not asking for anything I didn't deserve, only the points I have earned.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    When I'm ROing I would rather the paster ask me to take a second look if the call didn't look right rather then let a bad call stand. As a shooter I'm not asking for anything I didn't deserve, only the points I have earned.

"I hope it doesn't make people mad, but after my wife shoots I won't even go out there and help with the pasting."

As heard at a recent level 2 match.

Anyway, your method seems very valid, but calling the r.o. over to give somebody a penalty can be tricky. I really don't know the best route.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well that wife comment sure shut this thread down. I suspect that people are worried about kitchen passes.
    A couple of Indiana 400s ago I had a shooter ask for an overlay on a target that I called a Charlie mike.
    The target in question had a no shoot butted up against it and the bullet hole was dead center between the nonscoring border on both the no shoot and the scoring target.
    I asked him if he was sure,he said yes. You guessed it he got the delta and the noshoot.
    Call what you see, if you get it wrong, make it right and don't be a Dick.

As it turned out the guy that asked for the overlay wasn't the shooter. He was his designated, don't let the RO screw me , guy. They were shooting production those guys all look alike:)

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Delta + no shoot = +1 - 10 = -9

Mike = +0 - 10 = -10 , assuming it was not a no penalty Mike.

So you really were being a Dick?

(Not that I claim to understand navigating with a sextant or USPSA scoring. Need to start shooting major, seems like you guys get +3 just for staying under the tree lines).

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Delta + no shoot = +1 - 10 = -9

Mike = +0 - 10 = -10 , assuming it was not a no penalty Mike.

So you really were being a Dick?

(Not that I claim to understand navigating with a sextant or USPSA scoring. Need to start shooting major, seems like you guys get +3 just for staying under the tree lines).
    I wasn't being a dick
    The buddy was , there was a really good chance that overlay was going to show Mike noshoot.
    That is way I didn't use it in the first place.
    I should have taken a picture.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ok, summarizing the three 'be a better threads'.

I am a liberal because I think it is better if you require shooters to show clear.

River man is a dick because he tried to avoid risking a shooter getting a penalty.

It should be acceptable to shoot anyone who is picking up brass while there is still teardown work to be done.

Anything else?

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ok, summarizing the three 'be a better threads'.

I am a liberal because I think it is better if you require shooters to show clear.

River man is a dick because he tried to avoid risking a shooter getting a penalty.

It should be acceptable to shoot anyone who is picking up brass while there is still teardown work to be done.

Anything else?

I always knew you were a liberal. (Liberals are dicks)
    Riverman is not a dick. (At least not for that reason)
    Shooters who pay should be served as though a member of royalty.
    Classifiers are stupid.
    Only people on the internet who do not run matches or help have the real answers or how it should be done.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I CAN be a DICK, I try not to be.
    When I am playing RO I call what I see and I try to err on the side of the shooter. All shooters doesn't matter who you are. Even the ******* that tells me I look like Paul Hendrix ,every time I see him.
    Classifiers are stupid.
    I'm going to pay double and bring a paster caddie
    Shooting brass rats........Interesting

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    These points are really just for very new shooters...
    1. Tuck in your damn shirt! Typically it's a new shooter who gets a handful of untucked shirt with their pistole on the draw. Look around, notice how other guys have their shirts tucked in, do that.

2. Bring enough mags and mag pouches. This isn't IDPgAy. You will need to reload several times unless you are shooting a proper limited or open gun. Have enough mag pouches too so you aren't digging your Barney mag out of your strong sided cargo pocket.

Top Bottom