Be careful using Best Buy's credit card for big purchases this holiday...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My kid has docs that require payment up front. Insurance can take 4 months to reimburse. Last surgery he wanted 21 grand up front but last minute said 7500. She already had three outpatient deals at 3 or so grand each....month prior.

I just slapped em on the card. Kinda nice. Of course when insurance sent me a check it went 100% to pay off tje card
    Those better be really good doctors. At least you could dispute the charges if something went horribly sideways.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I use a credit card

Don't let a credit card use me.

Capture.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Those better be really good doctors. At least you could dispute the charges if something went horribly sideways.

It would be refreshing to see an instance where someone not satisfied with their medical care just wanted their money back.....but I will never, ever, see that.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's a macro vs micro thing.

If I use my cash-back card, I get money. However, the general consumer pays more because now the price has to be inflated to cover the credit card fees that the vendor must pay.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's a macro vs micro thing.

If I use my cash-back card, I get money. However, the general consumer pays more because now the price has to be inflated to cover the credit card fees that the vendor must pay.

But if the vendor is not offering a discount for other forms of payment, it becomes a situation where you might as well get the benefit you can, as the horse is already out of the stable on the larger issue...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Yup, or we wouldn't be going there.
    Some docs or those in group by specialty, want payment up front.
    You got a sick kid, not much choice I reckon.

Have dealt with enough BS over the last few years.
    The system, incompetent hospitals/doctors/staff.

The way most act, it should be criminal.

Too much of a scam.

Got no prob paying for proper services/treatment. Is what it is.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yup, or we wouldn't be going there.
    Some docs or those in group by specialty, want payment up front.
    You got a sick kid, not much choice I reckon.

Have dealt with enough BS over the last few years.
    The system, incompetent hospitals/doctors/staff.

The way most act, it should be criminal.

Too much of a scam.

Got no prob paying for proper services/treatment. Is what it is.
    Completely understand, even in the medical profession there are good and bad providers.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Wow 100-150% return on your investment. Please share your secret with the rest of us.

There really is no secret other than try to be smart, don't get greedy, lock in profits and move on. I started playing options this year and you can make huge gains with them. 1000% gains in a month is not uncommon, you can also lose 100% very quickly. I invest a ton of time, I don't always make money but I try to get big hits. My last options play I paid .11 per option and sold for .90-$1 less than 3 weeks later. I invest in companies that pay 12-14% dividends then use my dividends to play options. In the last 2 months I had a stock go from $3 a share to almost $18....and another go from under $1 to $3 and then a few days later from $1.10 to $2. Right now I am playing a stock that is really cheap, I expect it will pay me 200-300% before end of the year. I trade a lot, like several times daily.

My strategy is pretty straight forward. I try to never put over 25% max(prefer closer to 10%) of total portfolio in one trade and limit losses to 2-5% of investment at most....if I put 25% in 4 stocks and 3 of them lose 5% and hit a stop loss but one gains 100%....I am still up a bunch. The stocks I trade a 100% hit is pretty easy to get, and usually happen frequently, but most of them I own less than an hour. I am not a safe investor, I am a reckless gambler. That is why I can make them % returns. Your money manager can't do what I do, because he has a fiduciary duty to protect your money and make sound investments....neither of which I do. The 3 most important things...don't force trades, lock in profits and learn to take losses. You figure you put $25,000 in a stock and it drops $1,000-1500, psychologically it is hard to make yourself sell and take that loss...and move on. Everything in your mind will tell you it will come back, but if you continue to lose it gets even harder to take loss. It may well come back, but when? You have all your working money tied up in a loser instead of working in another stock to make money. My largest penny play right now is a cancer stock, beaten down badly...ticker is ADXS. I own tons of shares of it at about .29 each. You can follow along and see if I make any money on it, if you follow the stock market. It is a true gamble...but I expect it to go to .70-$1 by end of December. I won't bore you with why I think it will run. Don't go buy this stock because I own it.....I don't want to feel responsible for anyone losing money!

Sorry to ramble...as you can probably tell, I love playing and talking stocks. I love when I find someone as interested in that stuff as me. Take care.

And that's how you make 150%+ a month. It hit .64 today.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    They're jerking me around with my payments... I called manually like they said I had to in order to pay 1/3 of the promotional balance and walked the lady through how I wanted the payments to apply and she assured me they had it good to go... Opened the new bill today and they've split the payment, again.

If they don't fix it tomorrow I am cutting up the card.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    That's bs. Man, last month I paid $5000 payment with check at store, lady took payment and gave me receipt. Next day Lowes called and said the lady entered $500 payment but there was a check for $5000........I never looked at the receipt until she called. Glad they caught it, but man it is frustrating!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So did you sell or you holding?

I have bought and sold my core holding 2 or 3 times.....sold first time from .32 to .48, bought it back around .36 and sold for .67 this morning....then bought back at .56 and sold at .66. Plus I had a few trades where I just bought 25-30,000 shares and scalped them for no profit really. I have started buying it back again, it should hold .55 but it may break down.....if so I will dump it and try getting in nearer .40-45.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

I sold a lot today for 78. I traded this stock 8 times yesterday, and 3 or 4 times today, over 500,000 shares this week and still holding a bunch of shares. I am now up way over 200% on this trade since I posted about this...I will hold until Monday then I expect it may pull back before a conference on Tuesday. Not bragging, just showing you how I do it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    They're jerking me around with my payments... I called manually like they said I had to in order to pay 1/3 of the promotional balance and walked the lady through how I wanted the payments to apply and she assured me they had it good to go... Opened the new bill today and they've split the payment, again.

If they don't fix it tomorrow I am cutting up the card.

Did they take care of you and get it fixed? That is very frustrating....

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I sold a lot today for 78. I traded this stock 8 times yesterday, and 3 or 4 times today, over 500,000 shares this week and still holding a bunch of shares. I am now up way over 200% on this trade since I posted about this...I will hold until Monday then I expect it may pull back before a conference on Tuesday. Not bragging, just showing you how I do it.

I sold almost all my shares today at .93-.94.....still holding 15,000 shares just in case it pops again tomorrow. Ended up with well over 300% gains in 5 weeks.....

Top Bottom