• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Be careful when buying your girlfriend or wife perfume for Christmas. Perfumes are full of harmful chemical agents that could cause her biological problems that may or may not be immediately obvious. The Federal Government passed a law that exempts manufacturers from display their chemical content, which means the consumer has no idea what is being sprayed and absorbed into their skin.

Celebrity-branded perfumes loaded with toxic petrochemicals

More info on Endocrine Disruptors:
    Endocrine disruptor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know its coming....:flamethrower:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I think you missed the bigger picture here.... you might buy her one that her ex also bought.... and this would be certain death!!! ;)

I think this is a good thread. As consumers we buy all kinds of crap and just expose ourselves to it. Plastics, cleaning chemicals, "sanitizers", so on. Good info, thanks Rambone.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    It is amazing how the body absorbs the chemicals through the skin. You can rub garlic on the soles of your feet and it will be on your breadth in about a hour!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If somebody you love does use perfumes with unknown contents, at least tell her that she should spray it into her clothes and not directly on her skin. Or, check out natural alternatives.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is some merit to this. A perfect storm of sorts could lead to bad reactions to cosmetics. If a person is pre-disposed to reacting, and wears a lot of cosmetics, then it is quite possible they could have a bad reaction. Just like everything else in life.

If you are concerned or even mildly interested go to Campaign for Safe Cosmetics : Index to check out their info on the topic.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If somebody you love does use perfumes with unknown contents, at least tell her that she should spray it into her clothes and not directly on her skin. Or, check out natural alternatives.

Lets face it, men are stupid and are caught up in a woman almost no matter what she does. If women were really smart the could just use a drag cloth like hunters do during the rut :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you are lucky, she will be impressed that you've been doing your homework on keeping your family healthy. Tell her that her longevity & health is more important than her smelling like J-Lo on date night. :yesway: ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Admit it, you guys would miss me if I stopped posting. :):
    :ingo:
    For about 5 minutes. Then I would enjoy my lower blood pressure. ;)

Tell you what, though. This "green/organic" stuff isn't much better. I was getting a haircut, and some sales-monkey was peddling his wares. Got convinced by the pretty hairdresser chic to dab some "organic oils" on me. Had nice little red spots on my arm (where they dabbed it) the next morning, and my leather jack still smells of the stuff. Next time, I'm making sure they tested it on rabbits first!

That, and my wife didn't even notice (aphrodisiac, my butt!).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Tell you what, though. This "green/organic" stuff isn't much better.

Yeah, you really gotta do your homework on products. There are plenty out there that will use deceiving words like "organic" or "natural" in their packaging without it being anything of the sort. There are a lot of gimmicks out there. And I'm sure you could be allergic to certain oils even if they weren't biologically harmful to everyone. If you find yourself getting into natural products you will find websites and networks that can help you discover the best products, and avoid the bad ones.

Top Bottom