• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Just for a while. I have a daughter who is in the Army. Her husband is in the Marines. She is at Ft. Lee, he is at Quantico. She went to LSU, he went to Ole Miss. She will be giving birth to our first grandaughter any time. I have two grandsons here in town.

My daughter is a big time Cubs fan so being a Cardinal fan I bought a Cardinal sleeper. I can't allow the child to be raised in that environment (just joking). I have bought her more Cubs stuff than you can imagine.

Asking for prayers for a safe delivery and safe travel. Thank you.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Just for a while. I have a daughter who is in the Army. Her husband is in the Marines. She is at Ft. Lee, he is at Quantico. She went to LSU, he went to Ole Miss. She will be giving birth to our first grandaughter any time. I have two grandsons here in town.

My daughter is a big time Cubs fan so being a Cardinal fan I bought a Cardinal sleeper. I can't allow the child to be raised in that environment (just joking). I have bought her more Cubs stuff than you can imagine.

You know if you leave the Cards stuff at home and wear a Cubs hat, you'll be assured of safe travels, right? :D

Sorry about Albert BTW.....just kidding, have a safe trip and congrats on the impending new addition to your family!

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    You have them. Our first granddaughter will be born (when she wants) sometime in Feb. We already have 2 grandsons. Spoil them to pieces and enjoy.:D:rockwoot:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You know if you leave the Cards stuff at home and wear a Cubs hat, you'll be assured of safe travels, right? :D

Sorry about Albert BTW.....just kidding, have a safe trip and congrats on the impending new addition to your family!

Some how I figured that you would make a response thanks. Can't wait to see them all.

Thanks Lonnie

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    May the little one come into the world healthy, happy, and with the appropriate number of fingers and toes, and may the good Lord protect her, her parents, and her grandparents in their travels, service, and lives.

Blessings,
    Bill & 7th Stepper

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Being a Cubs fan is good for building character (I'm a Sox fan but I do prefer games at Wrigley for the overall atmosphere). Another grandkid gives another opportunity for gifting a first gun, make sure you get that done before mom and dad do.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    All the best to you and your family Lonnie and hoping all goes well with the new grand daughter. Safe travels to you as well.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Being a Cubs fan is good for building character (I'm a Sox fan but I do prefer games at Wrigley for the overall atmosphere). Another grandkid gives another opportunity for gifting a first gun, make sure you get that done before mom and dad do.

I am sure that I will take you up on your suggestion. I suppose that a pink Ruger 10/22 will be in the future. Presently called "Critter" has already received her first Barbie. I am sure that mom and dad will enjoy walking across the floor at night and finding one of the high heels as much as my wife and I have. I was awakened many a morning being awakened by Tiffany wanting her "toast and jelly" (even after working till 3 a.m. that mornin). Following her H.S. band bus from one end of the state to the other was a pain but in the end both of my girls saw that her parents were behind them. I guess that there will never be a time that you stop being a parent or trying to watch over them and yes we will try to spoil Miss Critter.

To anyone who hasn't been to Wrigley, take the time. It's a whole different atmosphere. The whole area caters to the game itself. You can walk out across the street to numerous bars and stores. Even though I am a die hard Cards fan, I enjoy going to Chicago.

Thanks again.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It is the Season of the Child. Have a safe trip and enjoy the child He is sending you. :)

That was very well put, thanks. Haven't heard anything yet. The Blazer is being packed. I guess that I will have to work this afternoon until I get a call. May everyone have a safe new year.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mine's just (!) 16, so I'm just getting through the parent thing, but I can see you have a great time ahead of you. Enjoy, grandpa.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Have a safe trip, lrahm. Hope the delivery goes well and the child is healthy. While I am at it, a big thanks goes out to you, your daughter and son in law for serving. I appreciate it.

Now we know what is wrong with sepe, he's a Sox fan. :D

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Everyone has expressed warm wishes, I am touched. Thank you. All I have to do now is wait. The Blazer is packed and my daughter is ready for this to be over with. The doctor told her yesterday that she is suprised she has gone this far. Keep you posted.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Congratulations Lonnie! Travel safe, and may the delivery go well.

As for the sports crap, well my son is named Colt (Sam Colt, 1911, SAA) and I hate the Colts (Peyton, Indy, Lucas Oil).

So of course my sports loving inlaws have to shower him with football crap. :facepalm:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Have a safe trip, lrahm. Hope the delivery goes well and the child is healthy. While I am at it, a big thanks goes out to you, your daughter and son in law for serving. I appreciate it.

Now we know what is wrong with sepe, he's a Sox fan. :D

I appreciate the thoughts.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Congratulations Lonnie! Travel safe, and may the delivery go well.

As for the sports crap, well my son is named Colt (Sam Colt, 1911, SAA) and I hate the Colts (Peyton, Indy, Lucas Oil).

So of course my sports loving inlaws have to shower him with football crap. :facepalm:

Tell them you're a Packer fan.

Top Bottom