• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    I just got a complete 450 Bushmaster upper from them. Looking it over I can find nothing wrong with it, functions fine. Haven't shot for accuracy yet though. But for $250ish shipped, I can't complain. And if some illegal labor bothers you that much, stop shopping altogether, especially groceries. So don't eat, or buy much of anything else and you can sleep well at night knowing you didn't contribute to an illegals bank account.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I had a Grendel barrel and a .223 upper. Both functioned, but accuracy was less than stellar. I no longer have either, and wouldn't buy from them again.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I gave BCA a go awhile back with a 450 side charging upper for experimenting with the cartridge. Aside from taking most of it apart and locktiting/torquing things to my desired levels, it has been reliable and extremely accurate.

j8sfRjx.jpg

I wouldn't recommend a $250 upper to stake your life on, but for having fun with big bore stuff? Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

100 yards groups with hornady black 450bm:
    1E4qbc5.jpg

100 yard 3 round group with my handloads, and yes that is cherry picking, but none the less:
    oMtxMoM.jpg

I have a couple other pictures of groups from that day, but they're all pretty much the same, it's very consistent. I can't complain about the accuracy for $189 on special.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I gave BCA a go awhile back with a 450 side charging upper for experimenting with the cartridge. Aside from taking most of it apart and locktiting/torquing things to my desired levels, it has been reliable and extremely accurate.

j8sfRjx.jpg

I wouldn't recommend a $250 upper to stake your life on, but for having fun with big bore stuff? Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

100 yards groups with hornady black 450bm:
    1E4qbc5.jpg

100 yard 3 round group with my handloads, and yes that is cherry picking, but none the less:
    oMtxMoM.jpg

I have a couple other pictures of groups from that day, but they're all pretty much the same, it's very consistent. I can't complain about the accuracy for $189 on special.
    My 6.5 Grendel barrel and handguard are bca. I can't complain about it at all.
    I did decide to try a bca complete upper. I bought a 223wylde side upper from them. Only a few rds through it but it's been doing the job.
    I may try one of their 300blk out.

They make a really nice barrel called bear claw fluted stainless. I've used several of them and they are very accurate.
    1693634081324.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have read on the INGO they are justasgood as the high dollar stuff.
    At the price point you can put a high quality gas block, gas tube, bcg, trigger, and it will be right up there for reliability, and accuracy.
    IMO upper and lower if mil spec is all the same. The key components are as I stated gas blocks, tubes, bcg's, and triggers.
    Barrels, uppers, and lowers if all mil spec you'll get the same mileage, and accuracy.
    If you want more accuracy you have to get a better barrel. If you want more life out of your barrel you'll have to get cold hammer forged.
    I'm not into what brand name is better I'm mainly after reliability, and 1.25 moa. If I have that I'm happy. If my Franken15 can provide that I'm more than happy.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    For the money, I think they are pretty good. I have a couple and they are OK.
    I told a friend that did not want to spend much to get an upper from them. He did and brought it out and we could not get it to shoot. The bore was very rough and working it over we still could not get better than 2 or 3" at 25 yards. He sent it back and they sent a free replacement that was much better. I have not had a chance to test it out but he is happy with it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If all you do is drive back and forth to work and go to the grocery store, a Kia is as good as a Mercedes.

Probably better. :):
    That I agree with 100%
    The rest is just to show people how awesome your ride is even though it just gets you from point a to point b the same way. Other than one is about 100k less depending on model.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Well I will say when I did my 450, a buddy did one as well with a faxon barrel and more expensive components. Mine groups half the size.

I don't consider accuracy a benchmark for quality or longevity of parts though. But for what you're typically going to look at 450bm for, you usually aren't considering end of the world mud crawls after jumping out of a helicopter. That said after going over everything, which yes it did need gone over as many screws were loose, I didn't notice anything that gave me pause. I've seen significantly worse QC in DPMS and earlier PSAs.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    What makes them not as good? Are they not as accurate? Do they not run reliably? What does a $900 upper do that a $250 BCA won't? If they both cycle ammo and shoot accurately, in all reality, aren't they just as good?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Depends on what you're going to do with it
    What are 90% of people going to do with an AR, other than zero it (maybe) and throw it in a safe until BLM burns another downtown, at which point it might come out of the safe and lean against a wall or get thrown in a pickup. Very few will see the kind of hard use that people think they will be putting one through in their SHTF EOTW fantasies. Most "operators" here should worry more about where they are going to get their insulin and Lipitor than what rollmark they have on their lower.

Top Bottom