• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    As I Viking fan, as much as I hate to say it they made the right move. Just like the Vikes kept Dennis Green on waaaay too long based on regular season success. Hopefully they'll go out and hire someone like Crennel, or maybe give Cam Cameron another chance, but with my luck they'll probably find a good coach (I wish Leslie Frazier was available for you).

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    Agree with the firing, but I am surprised because all I heard is that he's "a player's coach" and all the players really liked him. I was not happy with his Tom Landry stone faced sideline demeanor. I say if somebody messes up....get in their face!

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    It will be interesting to see how things turn out. I really liked the fact that Lovie wasn't a hot head, but a little emotion would have been nice. There were plenty of times where you're ticked off as a fan during or after the game and he just stood there with no expression even in the postgame shows. He's a defensive minded coach which I like, but you still have to score points and be consistent.

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    I see why they did it after not making the playoffs but at 10 and 6 it wasn't a bad season just a year with many good teams. I don't like that he never showed any emotion good or bad

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    Dont think Lovie is the problem. not need offensive line and update some aging defense

I agree with this, however some coaching moves need to be made. Mike Tice is waaay too predictable. The offensive line doesn't work against any good defense. Our wonderful defense has gotten old without us realizing it. Time for a rebuild. Keep what works, replace the rest with some youngsters who want to win.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Dont think Lovie is the problem. not need offensive line and update some aging defense

Totally agree the O-line should be the number one problem addressed, but Lovie needed to go, i think he was a good coach but it seems like he just doesn't have the drive and determination to want to win. In the 9 years he has been on the bears i don't know if i can ever recall seing him get upset or show emotion (if so very rarely). The bears need someone to light a fire under their butts, think DITKA!

jazzy1993

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Lake County
    I stand behind the move. Swapping offensive coordinators out each season wasn't working. Bears had no identity this season (outside of Cutler to Marshall).
    Hopefully they get somebody who has been a head coach and don't promote some offensive/defensive coordinator from some other team. I could stand Gruden, as long as I don't have to hear him do play-by-play.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Totally agree with the move. Smith was a horrible in-game coach, took the best kick-returner of all-time and turned him into a useless WR, acquired a potential franchise QB and refused to provide even an average o-line to protect him, was arrogant and condescending with fans and media, mandated an outmoded defensive scheme, hung on to aging players too long, and refused to embrace the new, offensive-minded play of the NFL.

I'm hoping they get Mike McCoy, the OC from Denver; he even got Tebow to win a few games! If not McCoy, then Jon "Chucky" Gruden should be the pick.

All in all, a great day for Bears fans.

(*and to those talking about how sad it is to see someone lose their job, Smith will be paid $4 freakin' million NOT to coach the Bears in 2013)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It's about time! I didn't appreciate his coaching style and hope they bring someone in with some fire.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hate to say, but Bruce Ariens might be a good candidate... He did a helluva job as interim coach this year - along with developing some good QB's as well.

I just hope it's someone who has a "Chicago" kind of coaching style. I like Tony Dungy, but I don't want to see any of his mentees in Chicago. That quiet, good-guy, turn-in-your guns stuff doesn't play well in Chicago.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm a Packer fan, and as such-- I am greatly saddened by the departure of Lovie Smith.

He was a great ally to NFC North rivals, of which the Packers may be the most storied.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom