WTS: Beautiful Virginian Dragoon 44 mag, very limited edition!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    SOLD

I have decided to sell to put $$ towards my holy grail...a custom Linebaugh .475. So...this has to go...too many .44's and I want a bigger bore! :):

This Virginian Dragoon was very limited production with a non-fluted cylinder. It is in the first 200 of only 400 made! Unbelievably tight lockup...I mean like a vault with ZERO movement! Way tighter than any RBH I have owned. It is also about 15% bigger, beefier and heavier in every dimension compared to a RBH. Don't get me wrong...I love Ruger single actions, but this is a beast of a tank! 4 3/4" barrel, recessed cylinders (VERY tight tolerances), target recessed barrel crown...and crazy deep bluing! Sweet crisp trigger and just an overall joy to shoot. Like I said...if I wasn't saving for my holy grail....it would be a keeper for sure! The Ajax custom Pearl grips with star medallions are at best...$70...usually closer to $90

Now....these are hard to price due to limited production run and very few out there. I checked with others and looked up values and availability. Only located 1 other that sold, and it went for $850!!! Likely this is a sale only for those who know what they are getting and want it to add to their collection of 44 mags as well. I am selling for much less to get it sold. The nice thing about FTF transactions is if you see it, and don't agree with all of my description...then no harm no foul. But given the difficulty in pricing this particular firearm, I want to err on the side of a great deal!

$495
    FTF and I am willing to drive a little bit...about 1/2 hour in any direction. I am 1 hour north of Indy.

dd6e5a1c-98a7-4d20-9551-911026c96263_zpsf1c7155f.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom