• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Is it just me or, are others doing this as well? Over the past several months I find myself much more selective about with whom I choose to do business. I apply this across the board and not only for firearms related purchases. I find myself looking at the gun 'friendliness' of a particular state and; if an item I am looking for is manufactured or sold by a business located in an 'unfriendly' state, I look for alternate sources located in 'friendly' states. Sometimes, there are no other alternatives and I just deal with the 'unfriendlies'. The irony of this is that there are many fine firearms made in 'unfriendly' states. What are your thoughts?:popcorn:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    True to all of dat. :D

Our circle of friends are people "entirely" like minded as us. There's no horseshoes or hand grenades..............nothing close. It's gotta be right on the money.

I've even quit Doctors who didn't see my way of thinking. They're no different than me, just a lot more debt with more schooling, and better SAT scores. :): If they are going to be in charge of my health, they better make good decisions in their outside life also.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I've done this for a while now and not just gun friendly but to how I conform my life. I chose businesses that I like and how they operate. It gets tough at times but well worth it.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I feverishly review where my money goes and buy
    American products when available.
    Being a Contractor, I spend thousands of dollars on a monthly basis.

Many of my purchased items come from out of State or several sources depending
    on what job I am requested to provide.

I am also selective on whom I provide my services too.

I work strictly by referral, no way would I advertise my services.

Cash is King!

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I actually contacted a few local credit unions to get their stance on "gun control". My most favorable experience came when I received a phone call from a representative of Forum Credit Union's home office in Fishers. We had a very lengthy discussion about their policies, etc. The one that stood out in my mind is they have NO "no firearms permitted on premisses" policy. All he told me was this, "I personally have no problem with you open carrying in a branch, however, just out of common courtesy and to reduce panic I would recommend that you sit down with the branch manager and tell them your intent. And if necessary just show them your LTCH. Once they get used to seeing your face around it will be no big deal.". I was simply amazed by that response!!! As a result I am making plans to close my current accounts with BMO Harris and open up a few with Forum!

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    I think this is so important... far more than the daily dose of politics. Talk is cheap and easy... getting out and showing our communities what we stand for and support is worth it's weight in gold (or silver if you watch the commercials)!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I try to do right with my funds. I choose where and when they get spent. It is very important to support the right people/business/support groups. It is easy for me to stop doing business with certain groups or suppliers who exhibit thinking/tactics I disagree with.
    I will even pay a bit more to stay in my comfort zone.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I am as selective as I can be about businesses. Sometimes you have to deal with ones that don't support your stance, but for the most part I "vote with my wallet" and avoid certain stores.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well the bank I deal with (Frankfort Farmers Bank) has notarized my son's and my order form to the CMP (free of charge). My wife has a carry license, and the teller she usually goes to discussed it with her (she carries too). The teller always laughs and says "Gun Show?" when my wife takes out $500 or $600 cash on Fridays and my wife says yeah. Think her husband also attends! They have a branch in a small town near here and 10 - 15 years ago a friend that managed a GS in town, went in and had his 45 just slipped into his waistband, it slipped down his pant leg and rattled on the floor. Course everyone laughed and razzed him, told him in a lot of banks he would have been shot.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Taxes and utilities are the only items you pay for that you have no choice. Everything else has options. We all need to send our message through our wallets!!!

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I am a banker at old national bank (based in Evansville). We also have no problem with someone legally open carrying. Both my boss and I have our ltch and I'll be making that withdraw for the gun show.

Others around here like the previously mentioned Canadian bank do not think this way.

Top Bottom