• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No, it should be one treatment that takes less than 12 hours.

Don't bother with chemical remediation. You want heat.

I have had two different friends of the family who have had to deal with them. One apparently had a pretty nasty infestation and the exterminators had to do the heat thing to get rid of them. The other had a kid whose school had an infestation and so they were actively inspecting for a few weeks and found them on a bed really quickly. They called an exterminator and they ended up doing chemical treatments. I think it was every 2-3 weeks for about two months. But he said it took care of them really fast. So my speculation is that it depends on how large and wide spread the infestation is.

Seems to be a potential problem anywhere people gather.
    I am a co- facilities director at the church I belong to. So a few years ago I was responsible for setting up an account with an exterminator as a precautionary measure for our food pantry. As a result I have had some interesting conversations and have been shown what to look for. We try to insepct once a month to stay ahead of any pest issues

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have had two different friends of the family who have had to deal with them. One apparently had a pretty nasty infestation and the exterminators had to do the heat thing to get rid of them. The other had a kid whose school had an infestation and so they were actively inspecting for a few weeks and found them on a bed really quickly. They called an exterminator and they ended up doing chemical treatments. I think it was every 2-3 weeks for about two months. But he said it took care of them really fast. So my speculation is that it depends on how large and wide spread the infestation is.

I'm the director of a youth camp; we have hundreds of kids every summer. Bed bugs just come with the territory.

The currently legal chemicals are pretty effective on the adults only, which is why the treatments have to happen repeatedly.
    Sufficient heat is 100% effective at all stages of the life cycle.

Heat treating can be quite expensive. (The system we have was $8k, and we would probably need to spend another $5k if we were setting up as an extermination business.) But we can treat a cabin in about 5 hours including all prep and clean up, and people can move in the same day with absolutely no worries.

Top Bottom