• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I stay in hotels about 90 nights a year. Rule #1 always put your " Stuff" on a hard surface. Coffee table, desk, mini fridge. Never put your luggage or clothes on a couch, bed, upholstered chair. Bed bugs do not like hard surfaces.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I stay in hotels about 90 nights a year. Rule #1 always put your " Stuff" on a hard surface. Coffee table, desk, mini fridge. Never put your luggage or clothes on a couch, bed, upholstered chair. Bed bugs do not like hard surfaces.

That right there is good advice. I read that and that is my new policy.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Bed Bug Update

I has been two weeks since I had the issue in Chicago (Matteson Conference Center) Hotel. I was contacted by a Corporate Senior Case Manager via email within hours of my complaint. She sent my email over to the General Manager and Owners Group. She told me that I would be contacted by the GM or someone from the Owners group within 48 hours. I waited 96 hours and replied to the Corporate Case Managers email letting her know that I had not been contacted.

After I sent the email I left for a business trip for eight days and didn't mess with calling them back until today. I called IHG (Holiday Inn) Customer Service and got the Corporate Senior Case Manager on the phone. I told her that I was less than impressed with the follow up. She said that when ever they receive a complaint of bed bugs it triggers an investigation of the infestation. (That was just too much fun not to type)

The Investigation of the infestation resulted in positive ID of bed bugs. They quarantined the room until the infestation has been eliminated. She was very apologetic and tried her best to keep me as a happy customer like I had been for the last seventeen years that I have been staying with them.

She also added 22,000 points to my rewards account. That puts me very close to Platinum Elite which is the highest level you can achieve. My wife and I found a hotel in Antigo, WI a month ago for 5,000 points a night, so I am happy for what she did.

She said the Matteson Hotel location will be fined for the issue in the beginning and also for not following up. All this could have been resolved simply if the GM would have just called to apologize. Now they are out a lot of cash.

If this lady worked for me she would be kicking her lunch box down the road after I fired her.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Glueman; thanks for the update. The GM who didn't do proper follow up should definitely be fired. At least you got plenty of points to stay in some nice hotels....w/o bedbugs hopefully. I trust you haven't had any on/in your home or other personal effects?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Glueman; thanks for the update. The GM who didn't do proper follow up should definitely be fired. At least you got plenty of points to stay in some nice hotels....w/o bedbugs hopefully. I trust you haven't had any on/in your home or other personal effects?

No I didn't have any of the little critters make it in my house (Thank God). I had my suit case on the coffee table when I was in the room. My backpack was on the floor next to the bed because that is how I charge my phone and iPad. Its is called a Power Bag. It has a built in 5000 mah battery and prewired to compartments with mini, USB, Micro. It will charge my device first then the battery in the bag. It will charge most cell phones 3-4 times and take the iPad form 0-60%, so when I leave the next morning my phone and iPad is charged and ready to go. Weith the battery as a backup. Works nice on an airplane too. Just plug the device needing a charge in and when you land it is charged to full.

I had to completely take it apart and saturate it with alcohol and put it all back together. I still took all my clothes and washed them in HOT water and dried them on hottest setting. Then saturated the suit case in alcohol as well. I explained what I did to the Corporate Senior Case Manager after she let me know that the hotel comped the room and moved me to a suite the night of the incident. I let her know that moving me at midnight was not an upgrade to me because i was just sleeping and showering at that point and comping the room only helped my employer. That's when she opened up her points pocketbook and gave me over 20,000 points.

Top Bottom