• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Another + for Four Seasons. Really nice guys and transfer fee of $20 (increased recently). I've only purchased one gun there, but use them for all my transfers.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I was astounded the the prices were higher than Gander's. The people of Bedford must value convenience far more than their money.

On the positive side, they were really nice to me. I don't know if it was because I was dressed well or not. I told the salesman that I wasn't buying a gun and was just browsing. We started talking about the new Ruger LC9s and he let me hold the new SR9e. I didn't even ask to see it.

I used to live in Indy and went to the 1500 all the time. Most prices there were no better than the well known stores in the area and oftentimes the cheapest were those stores with a booth, I could never figure out why people drove such long distances to go to the show. Then I moved here and found out why.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    For those that aren't aware, there is a new gun shop in Bedford... it's only been open a month or so and he is pretty small (still getting things off the ground)...

It's called Gabhart, Inc... it's actually a HVAC business that sells guns too! Located at 1016 I street in Bedford.

Only reason I know about it is because the secretary is a close friend of mine...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Isn't there one out by Avoca? I used to see them on Facebook but I don't remember seeing them for a while now.

I think you're right; a guy I work with is friends with the owner. However, unless I'm mistaken, that guy is really more about building custom AR's etc and selling them. He may not have much of a selection in-stock; I can't say either way because I've never been there.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just moved to Bedford yesterday from Terre Haute. I was used to having a pretty large number of reasonably priced gun stores when I lived in Terre Haute. There was Terre Haute Guns, Carson Arms, Top Guns, and Wabash Valley Armory. Here in Bedford, I haven't seen much. The only two places that I've been in are Dunham's and Cosner's. Cosner's had a pretty good selection and was friendly enough, but their prices were insane. I used to work at Gander Mountain, and some of Cosner's prices were higher than Gander's. :faint:

Are there any good shops close by that I'm missing?

First off, welcome to Bedford. My guys I know here don't use Cosners except in an ammo emergency. Your best buys on guns and ammo are the Indy 1500 gun show, the Louisville gun shows, and the semi-annual knob creek machine gun shoots near Ft Knox Kentucky ( this has ALWAYS been the place to get the best deal on ammo).

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Welcome to Bedford

Bedford Army Surplus..decent used selection, almost all mil surp, go figure...kinda pricey but lots of other cool stuff too

Cosners..high prices but trades well and occasionally slips a decent price through, HUGE selection of Everything.

Ace Pawn...mostly used. Kinda high. Not much negotiation

Tomcats Pawn...mostly used, more fairly priced..some negotiation

Caseys Swap Shop..mostly used, generally fairly priced, definite negotiation..plus has all kinds of other junk, I mean good stuff to peruse :) including holsters, ammo, slings

Dunhams...all new., sometimes a decent sale price on a gun, ammo is high always

Unfamiliar with the new shop mentioned above....

Bear in mind, this is a small town, each shop has long time, regular customers..who generally get the red carpet vs a stranger walking in...but just visit often, be nice and soon enough the carpet will roll out for you as well

Also bear in mind that people do value their guns in these parts and there are a good number a regular traders that hit these spots almost daily...ie. if you find a good deal on something you want, you should buy it because if it truly is a good deal, it won't last long before someone scoops it up.

That's Bedford. Lots of other places in Brownstown, Seymour, Paoli, Bloomington etc...have fun :)

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I stepped in Cosners for the first, and the last, time last weekend. The prices were INSANE. There was a brand new Corvette Stingray sitting outside, so I guess the owner is managing to rip off a few of the people who come in.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I stepped in Cosners for the first, and the last, time last weekend. The prices were INSANE. There was a brand new Corvette Stingray sitting outside, so I guess the owner is managing to rip off a few of the people who come in.

Actually Dave is from a long time business family in Bedford, yes the prices are high, MSRP pretty much to the letter, but I don't think he forces anyone to buy anything from him. His parents owned a grocery store for Years and his brother owns an ice plant in town, his wife sells real estate. And he is a Vietnam Veteran. He must be doing something right. He's been in the firearm business for over 30 years at two locations... :twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I am not familiar with the Bedford/Bloomington area. But if you are willing to travel north a bit here in Martinsville is Martinville Guns, Relatively new shop but has good buzz and are also class 3 dealer. I don't get to go there becasue there store hours are the same as mine and the days they are closed are the only days I have off.

Guns and Ordnance is out in the country a bit but a good shop with some cool old guys also class 3 and I think I heard him say class 10 for destructive devices also. Gun prices are a bit on the higher side but ammo is always fair and they will negotiate on price if you get to know them. Also they have an unlimited days layaway program as long as you are consistent on payment they will hold the gun until you pay it off.

Martinsville Rural King has a good selection and decent ammo prices. Also an old friend of mine from High School and fellow INGOer is one of the guys behind the gun counter there. Good dude for sure and knows his stuff. Some of the other guys are typical gun counter goons though.

Further north is Indy Tactical Supply in Mooresville, don't know much about it only been there once and didn't get the best vibe form the guy so I left and haven't been back.

Thats about all of them I know that are close to me. Hope that helps.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Actually Dave is from a long time business family in Bedford, yes the prices are high, MSRP pretty much to the letter, but I don't think he forces anyone to buy anything from him. His parents owned a grocery store for Years and his brother owns an ice plant in town, his wife sells real estate. And he is a Vietnam Veteran. He must be doing something right. He's been in the firearm business for over 30 years at two locations... :twocents:

Yeah, preying on the uneducated gun buyers with ridiculous prices is definitely doing it right. He is free to charge whatever he wants, just like I was free to travel to Guns, Knives, and More in Paoli and get the same gun for $200 less.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Also if you make it to Martinsville, stop in at Gen-X Tactical. It's a small shop. I've been there a couple of times for gun smith work.
    The owner seems nice and didn't charge a lot for the work done!

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Yeah, preying on the uneducated gun buyers with ridiculous prices is definitely doing it right. He is free to charge whatever he wants, just like I was free to travel to Guns, Knives, and More in Paoli and get the same gun for $200 less.

Im not not defending his prices. Just saying he goes by MSRP. Across the board... I very seldom buy anything there either, because of the high prices, but many others do, he has a Tremendous local following. Also I didn't say he was doing it right, I said he must be doing something right, since apparently what he is doing works, in this area, considering the longevity and success of his business. I've also been to Guns knives and More. Not a bad shop....and buying for less than Cosner's is pretty much a given...anywhere

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Im not not defending his prices. Just saying he goes by MSRP. Across the board... I very seldom buy anything there either, because of the high prices, but many others do, he has a Tremendous local following. Also I didn't say he was doing it right, I said he must be doing something right, since apparently what he is doing works, in this area, considering the longevity and success of his business. I've also been to Guns knives and More. Not a bad shop....and buying for less than Cosner's is pretty much a given...anywhere

I have heard of people getting good deals trading up at Cosners, however. My brother has had some luck with that.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Also if you make it to Martinsville, stop in at Gen-X Tactical. It's a small shop. I've been there a couple of times for gun smith work.
    The owner seems nice and didn't charge a lot for the work done!

Oh yeah I always forget about him. Even though he is right down the road from my shop his place is kinda out of the way and easy to miss. Marcus the owner is a really cool guy and a good gunsmith from what I have heard.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I have heard of people getting good deals trading up at Cosners, however. My brother has had some luck with that.

Very true. If your wanting to trade in for a more expensive item. He will often give as much as you paid or more. If you bought it from a normally priced shop. :)

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    A customer at Consners one day commented about how good his new Blue Corvette looked.

He said thanks, Obama bought me that last year.

Unfortunately for us gun and ammo buyers that is probably true. At least someone benefitted from this mess over the last 1 1/2 years.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I have my gun buying whittled down to three options. I make the drive up North to Bradis or Plainfield Shooting Supplies, or I order what I want online and do my transfer at Four Seasons in Bloomington.

Top Bottom