Bedford, IN Feb 7-8th - Who is up for the challenge? (Video included)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Bedford, IN Feb 7-8th is coming up on us!

Who's going? Remember this is an awesome range with a bunch of great instructors and really good food.

[video=youtube;SieKFSqk6GE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieKFSqk6GE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Don't miss it, it is always worth coming to. And is a really fun challenge at this time of year.

boileralum

Marksman
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    Nice promo vid! I am trying to get all my ducks lined up to attend this one. What kind of cold weather gear would be recommended in addition to the gear used at warmer weather 'seeds? I don't have any coveralls or even thermal underwear at this point, but imagine it would be wise to pick something up.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    boileralum,

Check out the topic just 2 threads down about winter Appleseed tips. You will also be treated to a picture of Rhino in shorts (and who doesn't want to see that?)

C ya,

brian

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    I'm thinking real hard about this one. I want to get one in before April, and like this last time, will not be able to make the Nashville shoot in March. Good thing I've been slowly getting my .22 ready. After I stopped by on day 2 of the Dec. Appleseed I was hooked.
    What have I got to loose? Maybe a couple fingers to frostbite?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Nice video! Audio is very "COD-ish". I think I'll FB share this one if you don't mind. :yesway:

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    There is nothing like Bedford in the stillness. The wind, the haunting empty chill, pulling up to the range and seeing that massive flag above the barn. There is nothing like the silhouette of the Bedford Range in the morning.

Requests in advance for cold weather gear can probably be met with supplies from Indiana Army Surplus. He showed up last year with deep cold survival suits for folks.

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    First off, I would like to start by thinking the host, The Bedford Contingent, Ya' all rock! Also, thanks to all the fine instructors, and blue hats. Everyone did a very good job of running a well organized event. It was first class all the way, from the range,to the grub, to the instruction. You can meet the nicest people on a shooting range. Having spent more that just a few hours on a range myself, mostly with a pistol or a shotgun in hand, I didn't have a level of competency that I would have liked when it came to "marksmanship". Wow was that corrected this weekend. I can not say enough about how good the instruction was, but the fundamentals they taught, talk about rock solid. This was my first Appleseed, I have a much higher level of confidence that I could pick up any working rifle, and given some time, get rounds on target. This program gave me the fundamental skill set required for a skilled rifleman. So much so that I was able to score rifleman on my AQT. I can and will take the fundamental requirements learned here and polish them on my time just as anyone who wishes to improve should. Learn the basics from a good group of people who obviously enjoy what they do, then it's up to the individual to refine those basics. The history, for me, was very humbling. Every red blooded American who gives a hoot about this Nation would be moved. The presentation of how and what forged our Independence was inspiring. Thank you all again for putting on such a fine event,for broadening my skill set and for strengthening my patriotism. Merica!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Very nice recap indychad. You had the cream of the crop of Indiana Instructors at Bedford.

If you found the history to be moving at Bedford in February, come out to an April 19th event (and bring your family & friends) ... this is the last time April 19 will be on a weekend for quite a few years, and it is going to be something special.

Now, if you want to push your rifle skills a bit further, try the .22LR KD (Known Distance) event at Nashville in May ( Appleseed Schedule ).

Also, keep an eye open for the centerfire KD's at Atterbury where we shoot out to 400 yards. These events aren't yet on the schedule, but should soon be popping up ( Appleseed Schedule ).

Once exposed to Appleseed, it kinda grows on ya.

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    TJ, I would love to join the Nashville KD. It just so happens that I have other scheduled events for that time. I thought for a brief moment that I was able to go. There will be more opportunities to join a KD. As much fun as I had and suspect I would have at a KD, two weeks on the MC is sounding pretty relaxing. Maybe the group will decide to move the dates again and I will be able to attend. Fingers will be crossed.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Every time I see these come up for Bedford, I think I ought to attend. Missed another one....

The good news is that Bedford will be hosting another Project Appleseed shoot on the April 18th-19th weekend. The food is always good and the personnel always...amusing. There is room for 35 on the line and I bet it will sell out. Follow the link that TJ supplied above and get signed up!

C ya,

brian

P.S. The AAR for the shoot this past weekend is up with plenty of pictures (a great one of indychad and I celebrating his Rifleman performance). See it at:

Bedford, IN Feb 7-8, 2015

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Congratulations on getting that patch Indychad!

If you want to attend the Bedford shoot this April, I would sign up today. There is no place like the bomb range in the spring.

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Thanks bubba. I'm planning on driving down Sunday the 19th. I want to take my son and expose him to his first Appleseed. It sounds like Bedford is the place to be on that day. If I'm lucky, I will have a coworker in tow. Two observers today make future participants. Pew pew. Merica

HomeofHayes

Plinker
    Feb 12, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Thank you all Appleseed Volunteers for great weekend! Mike and I (David) had a excellent experience and are already planning more Appleseed events....The whole team in Bedford is truly wonderful and you are should be proud of what you have built there... I look forward to another return visit....Maybe need some additional pointers from indychad.....good shooting Chad...But thank you again for all the effort. Anytime someone gets lost in Ohio look me up for a shooting buddy!

Top Bottom