Bedford Wal Mart selling guns (follow up)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Well I went in to our Bedford Wal Mart.
    They do have guns in stock now.
    About the same kind of guns they had before.
    A pink cricket, a cheap 22 auto or two, a Ruger 10/22, and a decent selection of lower cost shotguns.
    One of the sporting goods associates was close by stocking some shelves and
    This is one of the guys that I talk to often when I buy ammo and he always seemed to be very friendly and up front about things.
    He is the one that told me when and how often the trucks come when ammo was so hard to find.
    Anyway...
    I said. ":)Hey, I see you guy got guns back in stock.:)"
    He said, ":xmad:I don't even want to talk about it:xmad:"
    I said something like "You really don't like it that much?"
    He just frowned and grumbled something like "I'm not happy about it" and walked away so he wouldn't have to talk to me anymore.

So, It's true. (not that I doubted) The associates really do hate guns being back in stock.
    What has Wal Mart done to make the associates despise selling guns so much?
    This needs further INGO research...

Last edited:

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    The only time I didn't like having guns in the stores I was in would be when customers would want me to pull out every single gun in the case. After showing every gun they would say they were just looking and checking prices. Also, some management did not like checking the forms and walking out the guns so they would delay going to the department making the associate selling the gun upset. I love having guns in the stores and am disappointed they did not put them back in the store I am currently in.

Jubba
    Wal-mart Manager

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am guessing he doesn't like the paperwork that has to be done, and the probability that he will get his head handed to him if he doesn't dot every "I" and cross every "T".

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i was in there 2 weeks ago and the gun case was there but empty......the guy behind the counter said there FFL hadn't been transfered yet from the old store on 16th street.....they had all the guns in the back just couldn't display them yet.....did seem to bother him at all...

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    I bought a crickett the other day and the associate helping me told me that since they were the only store in the region that didnt stop selling guns that they constantly kept getting calls from other stores asking them what the process was.
    On another note I dont care for their new process for filling out the 4473's. You have to fill out all the info on a computer then they print it out. A waste of time in my opinion. Id prefer to just write it out by hand.

Top Bottom