• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BGFirearms

Plinker
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    Well after nearly a year of operating our range, we would like to thank all for the great support and customers that have made this facility a success. When we opened this venture we had very limited knowledge of just how the business plan would play itself out and for lack of a better term, kinda shot from the hip on some of our decisions. Again due to the awesome customer base we have achieved, I/we are pleased to modify our range fees. I can't stress enough how these rates have been made possible due to our customers. Effective Tuesday, August 6th,2013 range rates: 1 shooter 1/2 hour $10.00 and 1 hour $15.00. We will still allow 2 persons to share a lane with the second shooter paying half price of the rented time slot. An example of the range fee for 2 shooters sharing a lane would be $22.50 total fee for 1 hour. Again thank you Greg/family an all of BGF staff.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You guys rock! Love the store and the range! Great folks, great prices and selection! Clean, modern, breathable, user friendly range, ran by a great range master Steve! Heaven just got a little sweeter! Thank you BGF from this happy customer since your days on main street!

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Nice! I wasn't in the camp that thought the existing rate was too expensive but it's great to see you push the benefit of a cost decrease back to customers.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    The established rates seemed fair for the quality of the range. Now, I guess I will have to visit more often!

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I would like to thank the owners and all of the employees for a great job.
    Starting such an undertaking with all the cost and work and faith that it took to accomplish their goal of providing the best experiance for shooters in central Indiana was a hugh undertaking and should be applauded by all.

CHCRandy

Master
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Can we shoot 5.56's in your range? What should a newbee know before coming in? I imagine hearing and eye protection are mandatory and is that for everyone in the range? Thought about shooting this week if I get rained out and a day off. Thanks

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    oh yeah, 5.56 is good to go. No Green Tip or tracer. You can shoot up to .300 Win Mag in rifles, shotguns and handguns. Brass, aluminum or steel cased ammo is fine. You can keep your brass if you want it.

If your firearm isn't in a case/bag/holster, please have the action open when you come in.

Eyes & ears are mandatory, anyone that goes onto the range must have them. We do not rent eye/ear pro, but we do sell it. First timers fill out a waiver.

You can bring your own targets or buy ours.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. Look forward to meeting you!

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I don't think I can make it in any more often than I already do, but it's great to know you guys are doing well and looking out for your customers. Keep up the great work!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Oct 9, 2010
    Good idea. When your prices are premium to begin with, it makes sense to cut back a bit on the cost for the second half hour. I always felt a little pressured for time when I shot the league. I'd like to bring two guns, but when each additional 30 minutes is another $12, I cannot really justify a $24 range session each week. The financial pinch of shooting has been pinching harder the past year, and this will definitely help out. I may have to wander back in again. And just in time for cold weather...appreciate the move, BGF.

And your range, by the way, is the tops, for an indoor facility. Air quality is comparable to outdoor shooting...(prolly hella better in winter, though).

Last edited:

RipkinC

Marksman
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    any plans yet for a membership? a range I used to go to in another state offered a membership for individuals and family's and did not provide prioritizing but did include unlimited range time and a flat rate for guests of members. just an idea... hope to swing by again soon, just wish mondays weren't your closed day since its my day off lol thanks again for a top notch place!

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    any plans yet for a membership? a range I used to go to in another state offered a membership for individuals and family's and did not provide prioritizing but did include unlimited range time and a flat rate for guests of members. just an idea... hope to swing by again soon, just wish mondays weren't your closed day since its my day off lol thanks again for a top notch place!

No.

Top Bottom