• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Accepting credit cards for no extra fee is NORMAL in retail. Even in many gun shops, though not all. The industry standards are so-so.

Any gun shop, with the possible exception of Don's, generates a wide variety of opinions. My experience at Beech Grove was ok, until the owner decided to engage me on personal matters that were, frankly, above his pay grade. That was after I spent almost 2K at his establishment. I think he is a little too fond of himself, but your results may vary. I am sure he has made many of you feel special. I have been to all Indy gun shops worth mentioning. Beech Grove is about average. The rest is personalities.

Wow, you joined INGO just for THAT? :dunno:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Accepting credit cards for no extra fee is NORMAL in retail. Even in many gun shops, though not all. The industry standards are so-so.

Any gun shop, with the possible exception of Don's, generates a wide variety of opinions. My experience at Beech Grove was ok, until the owner decided to engage me on personal matters that were, frankly, above his pay grade. That was after I spent almost 2K at his establishment. I think he is a little too fond of himself, but your results may vary. I am sure he has made many of you feel special. I have been to all Indy gun shops worth mentioning. Beech Grove is about average. The rest is personalities.

Wow, what did he say, something obtrusive like " how are you?" ?:dunno:

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    No. I was looking up shooting ranges. Beech grove project came up in the search. I had something to say, and I did. I hear the giggles. Well, okay.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No. I was looking up shooting ranges. Beech grove project came up in the search. I had something to say, and I did. I hear the giggles. Well, okay.

Well, here's your chance! Say it!:dunno:
    Beech Grove Firearms has a great reputation on INGO, if you have something to add or detract from that, we welcome your opinion! You have given us NO information, just some useless drivel About "personal matters" and "pay grade" !
    I'd take Greg's "pay grade" any time!:D

Even though I doubt you will be around long.....:welcome: to :ingo: !

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils

I can't argue with this. And.....unlike most who have posted in this thread, I've actually been to their store. IMO, the owner and staff there do sit on a pretty high horse. I tried to give them a chance but they worked very hard to make it impossible to be in their store for more than a few minutes. I never consider them anymore when thinking of visiting a LGS. Fortunately, with the advantages the Internet provides, about all I need from a LGS these days is a transfer. I have 2 sources for that who do it without whining (BGF has completed a transfer for me as well with no complaints.)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can't argue with this. And.....unlike most who have posted in this thread, I've actually been to their store. IMO, the owner and staff there do sit on a pretty high horse. I tried to give them a chance but they worked very hard to make it impossible to be in their store for more than a few minutes. I never consider them anymore when thinking of visiting a LGS. Fortunately, with the advantages the Internet provides, about all I need from a LGS these days is a transfer. I have 2 sources for that who do it without whining (BGF has completed a transfer for me as well with no complaints.)

"..unlike most who have posted in this thread, I've actually been to their store."

Really? So either you havent actually read the personal accounts on the thread, or you are calling most of the posters here liars..

Odd that the majority of experiences with BGF posted by INGO members are overwhelming positive, but yet you still insist YOUR experience is the norm..

Interesting.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There be trolls in here

picture.php

Spiorad-Fola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Haters gonna hate. I never understand why people are constantly on here whining. Unless something drastically offensive happened, just go somewhere else and shut up.
    BGF, ITP, and Bradis have people CONSTANTLY whining over nothing.
    "I went in there and the guy behind the counter didn't show me the same deference he would royalty, i'm so offended and butthurt they didn't kiss my backside, whaaaaaaaah!"
    Sack up ya sissies.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Haters gonna hate. I never understand why people are constantly on here whining. Unless something drastically offensive happened, just go somewhere else and shut up.
    BGF, ITP, and Bradis have people CONSTANTLY whining over nothing.
    "I went in there and the guy behind the counter didn't show me the same deference he would royalty, i'm so offended and butthurt they didn't kiss my backside, whaaaaaaaah!"
    Sack up ya sissies.

You tell em Spiorad!:D

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    You tell em Spiorad!:D

Gentlemen, some of you pack a lot of unresolved anger. You don't know me, never met, but pelt me with turds just for the lack of love for your salesman. In my posting I even admitted, literally, that your experience may vary. I am not calling you names for your preferences. Interesting how my comments flushed you out. I hope a few others will read your posts and judge for themselves.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Gentlemen, some of you pack a lot of unresolved anger. You don't know me, never met, but pelt me with turds just for the lack of love for your salesman. In my posting I even admitted, literally, that your experience may vary. I am not calling you names for your preferences. Interesting how my comments flushed you out. I hope a few others will read your posts and judge for themselves.

No turd pelting here! If you noticed, I welcomed you!
    I simply stated the fact that you came on here to speak negatively about a well known, well liked shop, without the slightest detail!
    If you have a problem or an issue with a certain vendor or even a member on INGO, you are free to call them out! We just ask that you give them a fair shake by telling us what the problem was instead of just " speaking above pay grade" whatever that means!:)

Spiorad-Fola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Dry: I have zero malice towards ya. My comment is directed towards everyone who jumps on here to whine about stuff that is, quite frankly, piffle.
    That's right, I said it, piffle.
    It's one of the things I hate about the internet, 1,000 people can say something nice about a place, and it receives little attention, but 1 negative comment...and hang on to your knickers, here comes the hate train! You felt the guy you were talking to was nosy, sorry that was so offensive. Maybe, just maybe, he thought he was being friendly, and engaging. Truthfully, nobody knows but the two of you (and possibly some eavesdroppers...), so it's a moot point. My issue, is that you choose to air it out here. Which is fine I guess, so far as the almighty moderators are concerned.
    Local gun stores are just that, LOCAL. Owned and operated by folks who live in the area, mom and pop stores if you will. I don't know of one in town that's part of a national chain.
    So when people get on here and complain about trivial matters, I get my skivvies in a massive twist because you are potentially harming their business.
    This irks me.
    Screw big corporations and national chains, they can take the negative feedback and keep on rolling, but the local guys, might not be able to. You don't like the way you were treated, fine, don't go back. Is it that important for you to feel validated that you have to cast it into the court of public opinion?
    Why do you need the validation?
    I'm not saying don't bring negative commentary about a local shop up in a public forum, I just wish people would think first. If it's minor, let it go, everyone has off days.
    If it's something like "I walked in and everyone was wearing white sheets.", or "They asked me to join their militia to help take down the 'gubment' right when I walked in...", ok, warn the rest of us!
    Otherwise, all you are potentially doing (worst case scenario, I'll admit), is damaging a locally owned business and potentially paving the way for yet another @!*%#$¥ Dick's sporting goods.

And to be clear, this isn't directed at Dry, it's directed at EVERYONE who (in my opinion) jumps on a forum to post butthurt about poppycock, balderdash, utter tripe, and yes, piffle.

My apologies for the foul language, I have more unresolved rage issues than Rush Limbaugh at a communist rally.
    Carry on.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I can't argue with this. And.....unlike most who have posted in this thread, I've actually been to their store. IMO, the owner and staff there do sit on a pretty high horse. I tried to give them a chance but they worked very hard to make it impossible to be in their store for more than a few minutes.

Your horse is obviously the highest of all.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

You're stay here won't be long with that attitude...just sayin'! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom