• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Well I went out looking to buy a AR-15 today while I still can, I must say I shopped around and ended up buying a new Rock River entry tactal AR-15 at Beech Grove Firearms. I was shocked when I saw there prices. They where 900.00 bucks cheeper them POP Guns. I am sure to vist that shop again.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Such a small shop and such a nice selection, I was in there Friday and they had several AR15s, a nice SKS, several high quality revolvers and semi-autos pistols, a couple of nice long shotguns and I was looking for the door before I got too spend happy:rockwoot:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    The BG Firearms folks are refreshing. Good selection, knowledgeable, better than fair prices and honest. A great combination. I was the 2nd person to buy a gun in there, and I have bought 4 more since then. I have sent many of my friends in ther also. All are well pleased with their purcases.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Well I went out looking to buy a AR-15 today while I still can, I must say I shopped around and ended up buying a new Rock River entry tactal AR-15 at Beech Grove Firearms. I was shocked when I saw there prices. They where 900.00 bucks cheaper than POP Guns. I am sure to vist that shop again.

Wow!!! Pop's is really living-up to the whole "Don's East" label, aren't they???? :eek: :rolleyes:

BGFirearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    Been quite awhile since I got a chance to post here as times have been little crazy in the business, but just wanted to say thank you for the compliments on our store. It makes me feel good to see that we are making our customers happy. These are some crazy times in the firearms business but we'll continue to offer fair/reasonable prices as long as we can keep finding guns/ammo from distributors that are pricing reasonable too. Thx Greg...."BUY MORE AMMO!"

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Been quite awhile since I got a chance to post here as times have been little crazy in the business, but just wanted to say thank you for the compliments on our store. It makes me feel good to see that we are making our customers happy. These are some crazy times in the firearms business but we'll continue to offer fair/reasonable prices as long as we can keep finding guns/ammo from distributors that are pricing reasonable too. Thx Greg...."BUY MORE AMMO!"

Keep up the good work Greg!!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot: :yesway:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think I am going to have my wallet sewn shut before I go their again. They always want to wrestle for pizza and beer and then if I loose I have to buy something nice. I always loose. Oh well, when I leave there, I am a happy camper. LOL.

Yes, the Guys and the Lady there at BGF are really great people. Oh, they make good coffee too.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I've bought 2 guns from BGF, an M&P 40 Compact and, 2 days ago, a brand new Kahr CW9. The price was right each time, and the normally expensive and hard-to-find Kahr mags were in stock and priced right! I'm a happy camper. :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was there yesterday. Very nice shop and friendly folks. I want that SOCOM 16 with the VLTOR stock BADDDDDDDDD!!!!!

csfreestyle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Made my first trip to BG last week (living just south of Lebanon, its a little outside my daily routine) and cannot say how impressed I was. They had a great selection of gear crammed into the store without it feeling crowded; and they had a good 4-6 customers in there while I visited, too!

What impressed me most though, was the customer service. Too many stores seem to either be too busy to help, or too aloof to take any inquiry seriously. Despite helping another customer fill out his paperwork, one of the guys saw me walk in, pulled out a random handgun from the case and simply handed it too me as I approached the counter with a friendly "here, take at look at this one, there's a nice gun!" (It was one of the newer PT1911s from Taurus, without the Straight-8 sight-picture.) Being used to pulling teeth to actually HOLD a gun at the Ganders and Popguns of the area, this was a breath of fresh air to say the least!

Wound up chewing the fat with a couple of the guys there about 1911s, XDs, Glocks, Mossbergs, and the LCP for probably an hour or so. Told myself before going in there that I wasn't allowed to buy any guns, but shoot... wound up walking out with great deals on a new SERPA holster, a light for the nightstand gun, and a CT grip for the LCP! Next time I need something- anything -I'll be making the drive in a heartbeat. Friend of mine who lives equally far away from Beech Grove had a very similar experience and is just as enthusiastic about making the drive for that kind of service.

Great shop guys - cannot recommend you enough!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I've heard all the comments about this store this store and thought I would see for myself. Went in after work and was approached right away with a friendly, "can I help you."
    "Just looking." I replied. I have just bought two guns in the past couple of weeks and have to keep the wife happy. (Happy Wife, Happy Life.) I looked around bit took note of some of the pricing and realized that I haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else. For the past month or so I've been to a half dozen stores here in Indy and the surrounding area. I mean when I say I've been able to compare prices every where and theirs are some of the best. (Not to say I haven't seen one or two guns cheaper just the overall package.) I made my way to the front counter where another fellow asked if he could help me. I told him I was just looking and happened to see a Taurus there. I decided to "push" the customer service just a bit. I casually mentioned to him that I have the same gun at home, and I was trying to remove the finger grip to try it on my Kel-tec, but I couldn't seem to get the bottom plate off. All of this is true by the way, I wasn't just being a butt head to test I really did want the answer if he was willing to help.
    Well he didn't bat an eye He cheerfully offered to help knowing full well this wasn't about selling the gun just helping the customer. He grabbed a screw driver and showed me how to remove the finger grip. At the same time yet another fellow was showing me various accessories that they have for my Kel-Tec! That's taking care of customer! I thought back to some of the other shops I've been in and know I would not get treated better anywhere else. I will definitely be back. I ended up buying a magazine for my gun by the way. And after getting home and trying the finger grip exchange realized they're not compatible so I'll be going back later for that too.
    On a side note Their ammo prices were slightly higher than another dealer in town, but I don't care I will still give them my money to be treated like a valued customer.
    DEFINITELY A +1!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have to add to the BGF praise. Great store, glad I found it. Unfortuantely for me I found it after making my purchases at another store and paying more also it is not really that far from where I live so it will be hard for me not to keep going there and buying gear. Great cusotmer service and friendly. I don't feel like I get talked down to and they seem more than happy to answer my novice questions.

As a new gun owner , I feel blessed to have such a shop near by.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Time to resurrect this thread...

I bought my Bersa 9mm from BGF and could not be happier with it, the price, or the service.

On top of being a great shop, Greg is a great representative of "us". MUCH more so than :puke: Don. If more the public could see more people like Greg representing gun owners, than people like Don, I think we would be better off.

Top Bottom