• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I recently went into BGFirearms. Their staff that know me well directed my attention to the an AK on the wall. It was a SAR1, arguably the best Romanian AK you can buy...100x better than a wasr. The price was just above $500. I didn't have enough money as I just paid bills. They offered layaway if I wanted to put some money down. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. I even told them that the price was way way to low and offered more money. They said no, and started to take the rifle to the layaway area or whatever when a man approached. The man asked what that was. I assumed he thought I just sold BGF my AK. I told him it was a SAR 1 AK...for 500. He stopped the gentleman caryying my AK and asked if he could buy it. The employee said unfortunately no as another guy was going to make payments on it. The man then offered significantly more money for it and again got denied. It should be noted that at this point that all BGF had from me is my interest in the gun, no money exchange or anything. I wouldn't have blamed them for selling it for more money and getting that money right then and there, but they didn't.

I was so pleased I bought an M&P shield (as honestly the price I paid for both should have been just the price for the SAR1). Now I'm a proud owner of two really cool guns for a low price. BGF Greg gets most my business. Now if someone who knows him well can talk him into stocking some 300blk subsonic I'd rate them at five VKs. As it stands they do not have the obscure ammo that I want so they get 41/2 VKs. It's not the best, but the highest rating I've ever given

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wouldn't sell you my SAR-1 for $500. Throw a Tapco Trigger in it to eliminate trigger slap, and they are great rifles.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A good report. It is my opinion that BGF is and has been a Top Class Act for as long as I've been doing business with them. That is why I will continue to do business with them. I think they are good people.

Top Bottom