Merrillville
    132095486_3542171399170726_8782608196897274451_n.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I actually did buy my wife a treadmill for Christmas. I'm hoping that the fact that she specifically put it on her Christmas wish list will save me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not kidding, bought her a toaster. Even worse, it showed up to the door not in a box. Thanks Amazon. Might be buying her something else so I have something she can unwrap Christmas morning.

I got ya beat. I ordered some Bradley smoker pucks... Amazon seller slapped a UPS label on the retail box and gave it to the guy in brown. Yep, a non sealed paperboard retail box. It was laying on my front porch, with the top flap laying open, one tray sticking out a bit. If this was the USPS, I probably would have received an empty box... nothing but the professionalism of the employees prevented the contents from spilling out at its various steps.

And on a closer tangent, I bought my wife what she REALLY wanted... An Ohio State Garden Gnome. Bastards at College Traditions make no effort to disguise who shipped the box. I get home and the first words out of her mouth are "I see you bought me my gnome.... " Bastards.

I miss my salad shooter. (actually, the wife brought it to the relationship) Made AWESOME fried taters and hash browns with minimal cleanup. At least until it died.

Now I just have a food processor and Mandoline slicer. Both take literally 5x as long to clean as the SS and I risk committing a Rhino every time I need to clean them. I miss it.

*EDIT* HOLY :poop: Its actually still a thing! I know what Cameramonkey is getting for a late xmas gift! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Presto-02910...&keywords=salad+shooter&qid=1608779649&sr=8-3

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    After seeing weather forecast for tonight.... new Orange Snow Shovel! Might pick up a couple of 40# bags of Snow and Ice Melt, if she brings them in from the car trunk! Nothing too expensive that won't get a ton of use! Thoughtful husband always helpful.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    If we were smart we would stay single and not have to worry. This time of the year stresses me out and my anxiety goes thru the roof.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I got out cheap this year as compared to last year. Last year she received her first pistol for Christmas, starting her down this rabbit hole we all love. However, there is no amount of money that can cover the loss of dignity that comes with standing at a
    packed gun counter at your LGS and asking to order a Tiffany blue G43 with the satin slide.:facepalm: Really, it's for the wife. Yeah, yeah sure it is.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I got out cheap this year as compared to last year. Last year she received her first pistol for Christmas, starting her down this rabbit hole we all love. However, there is no amount of money that can cover the loss of dignity that comes with standing at a
    packed gun counter at your LGS and asking to order a Tiffany blue G43 with the satin slide.:facepalm: Really, it's for the wife. Yeah, yeah sure it is.

The Tiffany blue glocks look good, IMO. I wouldn’t carry one, but I do think it gives the brick a little character.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

I'd have been proud AF to place that order. I'd have told everyone in the store! :)

Getting the woman to start her own gun collection is an achievement that not many of us have unlocked.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I'd have been proud AF to place that order. I'd have told everyone in the store! :)

Getting the woman to start her own gun collection is an achievement that not many of us have unlocked.

Exactly. And it will give you an excuse to buy more guns and twice as much ammo. “His and hers”

Top Bottom