• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you get the symptoms and get to the doctor fast enough, they can give you Tamiflu. It works great and stops it fast!

My husband was sick last year and went to the doctor. I went along to keep him company and had started feeling sick that morning. The doctor looked at me and asked how I was feeling, and I said...a bit like him....pointing at my hubby. He had the nurse come in and do a flu test. It was negative. He prescribed the Tamiflu anyway because he said my symptoms all fit and I was probably early enough onset that it might not register on the test. He said if he was wrong, the Tamiflu wouldn't help. I felt better within a day or two.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife and I have been sick since the beginning of Dec. Lots of coughing up stuff, nose is bad, dizziness, and a bunch of other stuff. We've both been to the doctor. She has pneumonia, and I have some kind of sinus thing. I've never had anything like it. I can hear crackling in my chest when breathing and this coughing has knocked me over a few times. Our son has an ear infection. happy holidays everyone.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Since before Christmas. Put away dark colored soda pop. Drinking ginger tea. Putting 2 teaspoons of Braggs vinegar in 8 ounces of cold water and sipping 4 times a day. Mucinex. Amoxicillin 875 mg & clavulanate potassium 125 mg twice a day. A script for cough to sleep at night. Long hot showers. Anything coughed up gets spit out. Chicken soup and breath the steam off it. Sleeping on top of electric blanket with holofil sleeping bag as a cover.

The Braggs vinegar in water should help with that stomache.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Nasal Bronchial, 4 1/2 weeks now, Virus Z Pac didn't help.......
    Antibiotics do nothing for the flu. It’s. Virus if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it’s probably a duck. I would say you have the flu. It’s running rampant !!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So many I know are struggling with this crap right now. It is a Flu that can and will develop into Pneumonia. My BIL did not take care of himself pushing to go to work and share this with everyone. Got sicker. Went to Hospital today and now has Pneumonia.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had the really wired symptoms, and little nausea. Had Wifey get some Double White Castles w/ cheese. (not the Jalepeno) and after ingesting, the process seemed to help.
    I had the crave for sure! LOL. Been doing some over counter stuff, (AM/PM pills- non drowsy and still runny nose) But I am feeling better day by day. Oh yes, wash those handmitts! Wear your hat, and a hood. Gloves, and warm up your car a little. 70 Degree House to a -10 car is shock for the body. Longjohns help, and get a couple pairs of hunting socks with fleece lining. Thinsulate boots help. Don't sweat, peel off a layer. I have been drinking water like in a desert.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Its called 'flu-is-suck-us'. And it does suck. I had it beginning Tues/Wens after Christmas day then for almost a week. I think someone brought it to our free will offering Christmas day lunch at Church.

All the symptoms mentioned above. I thought it was a cold at first then after a couple days-whamo.

It does go away but I still have a dry cough lingering.

Yes, drink lots of water/gaterade/etc and advil worked for fever and aches. Pepto for nausea.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The last 2 days I have sneezed 1000 times...runny nose, and every bone in my body aches, mainly shoulders, knees, elbows and I can't stop shivering. No upset stomach or anything....I just hurt bad.

Anyone else ever had this? What the heck is it?
    Happening to me right now, feels like a cross between the Bubonic Plague, and a general malaise! At this moment, I would have to die to feel better.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So many I know are struggling with this crap right now. It is a Flu that can and will develop into Pneumonia. My BIL did not take care of himself pushing to go to work and share this with everyone. Got sicker. Went to Hospital today and now has Pneumonia.
    Great, then I musta got it from you! Cheeseburgers will be the death of me!

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Had the "FLU"----3 1/2 weeks---went to the Dr after ten days of the "cold" didn't go away with the OTC stuff didn't help------ the Dr.gave me 2 shots + 3 meds-----went to the hospital after a allergic reaction to one of the meds-----3 more meds--------better now , but I don't remember hurting like this with any previous cold/flu--

OldHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Pretty much the same experience with my son. Came down during Saturday night, got Tamiflu on Sunday, Fever gone by Tuesday, roaming around on Wednesday.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Dec 28 I was hit hard with the flu.
    Doing any thing hurt like hell.
    The only thing I could enjoy (mild term) eating was tomato soup and then heavier soup.
    The fever broke Dec 31 late night.
    I woke about 03:00 to a freezing house.
    My boiler went down.
    Lucky it was the thermostat that went bad.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am finally well, man that was some tough stuff to kick. I never went to the doctor....but then I think I got bronchitis or something, short of breath and back hurting. I just took some antibiotics that were laying around here and started feeling better yesterday.

Top Bottom