• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, It's official. I can now "legally" consume adult beverages. So tell me everyone, what are some of you favorites? I'd like to start trying different brands of beer, and I know there are TONS to pick from. Where should I start?

Dutch87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    kokomo
    I see you are from Muncie, so just go to the heorot and start in on there hundreds and hundreds of different beers they have on tap. Triton Railsplitter IPA is good, Dragons milk, Alpha King, and arrogant bastard. Just to name a few.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I don't know about those fancy named things, but in my humble opinion there is no beer greater than Guiness!

When I worked at a bar that had it on tap I'd pour one or two about 45 minutes before I got off and set em too the side to come up to temp and settle, then down one all the way as soon as I clocked out and sip the next. LOVE me a guiness!!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Stay away from Groelsch (spl?) and Olde Frothenslosh

When I was in Iceland we had Elephant beer. That stuff would plain knock your di...

never mind.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, :rolleyes: Start out with arrogant bastard! You'll never wanna drink beer again.

Seriously though, go to a place that has a lot of stuff on tap, and try a few different styles. Get a beer flight, see what YOU like, then you'll have a good feel of what, if any style you want to try different varieties of.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I suggest you just try them all. I've got friends that really enjoy some brews that taste like dirty toilet water to me. I enjoy some that they'd never drink. Only way to know what you'll enjoy is to drink absolutely everything you can in large quantities.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, :rolleyes: Start out with arrogant bastard! You'll never wanna drink beer again.

Seriously though, go to a place that has a lot of stuff on tap, and try a few different styles. Get a beer flight, see what YOU like, then you'll have a good feel of what, if any style you want to try different varieties of.

Yea, a flight from a brewery is a good idea. In Muncie, maybe see if Scotty's has one of their beers. Or the Herot, as mentioned previously. I learned to like beer by drinking Sam Adams Boston Lager, and I still enjoy it to this day.

Check out BeerAdvocate - Respect Beer. and learn about all the styles of beers. It's actually a very interesting beverage.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Whatever you do, there is a beer out there called "hamms". Despite the tasty sounding name, if anyone offers it to you .... run!!!

What? $9.99 for a 30 pack, that's a deal! (actually, I kinda like Hamms):):
    As far as inexpensive but good beer, I have a hard time finding a better beer than the Canadian duo of Molson and LaBatts.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You really need to go to a classy liquor store about two cases of Wisconsin Club long neckers....about $6 a case plus deposit....then drink them all, eat some White Castles, onion chips, and a sack of chili three way from Steak n Shake...if you live through the next day, you will never waste your ammo money on cheap beer again.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    What? $9.99 for a 30 pack, that's a deal! (actually, I kinda like Hamms):):
    As far as inexpensive but good beer, I have a hard time finding a better beer than the Canadian duo of Molson and LaBatts.

I like Molson and if you can find it Molson Golden is very good as well. The original Coors is a good American style beer too.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I am NOT a fan of dark beer. Personally I would start with domestics, try them and venture from there.

My favorite domestic is Coors Light. I also enjoy other beer such as Rolling Rock and Heinekin. I also enjoy Cider beers like: Angry Orchard, Reds Apple Ale, and Red Strawberry Ale. I prefer my cider beers in a glass with ice.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I am NOT a fan of dark beer. Personally I would start with domestics, try them and venture from there.

My favorite domestic is Coors Light. I also enjoy other beer such as Rolling Rock and Heinekin. I also enjoy Cider beers like: Angry Orchard, Reds Apple Ale, and Red Strawberry Ale. I prefer my cider beers in a glass with ice.

I get bored with the domestics. They are fine to do some "serious drinking" as I call it, but I'd like to expand my palate. I also love cider beers :yesway:

Familiar with Strongbow?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Skip all the rest... go with the Nectar of the Gods... Yuengling Lager.... Oldest brewer in the US... Every time I head east to visit family, I come home with a case or 5 since you can't buy it in IN yet... at least... not the last time I looked for it...

Top Bottom