• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I stopped off at Chalet Party Shoppe in Goshen this weekend and saw that they had a very impressive selection of beer. I haven't found ANYWHERE else in Indiana that has as many different brands and styles. I ended up picking up a couple bottles of Baltika because I've never had Russian beer before and it was on sale.

The thing that really attracted me, though, was their beer of the month club. For $15, you got a selection of beers every month pre-packed and placed in your own cubby on the shelf, along with a guide book to keep track of the beers you've tasted and any observations about it. You also got first pick on any short-run specialty beers.

Does anyone know of anything like that in Hamilton County? I'd be all over that in a New York second, but I'm not driving all the way to Goshen once a month.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    You know my friends and I do something like this by ourselves, each person buys one type of beer and brings it to the meetup, we then compare and drink and hangout once a month, you could do something similar....but I have not seen anything like that anywhere.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I used to have a friend who worked at Cummins as an engineer who had a beer tasting party every year in June. We tried to find the most off beat and hard to find stuff. Ever hear of Brand Beer? It's an import in a white bottle. Pretty tasty! The Naked Relays were the highlight of the evening. We drank some mighty fine brews. I'm with you on wanting the selection w/o the trip Scutter. I think there may be a club of sorts that will ship a different brew every month as well.:rockwoot:
    2 1/2 years in Germany spoiled me for American beer. Just polished off a Downtown Brown from the Lost Coast Brewery with some Ritz and Cheddar.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The largest beer selection in Central Indiana is at Parti-Pak on Indy's Southside at Stop 11 Rd. & Madison Ave. (just East of that intersection, at the railroad crossing.) They have beer tastings several times a month but I don't think they have the personalized cubby hole idea there. I suspect any beer/ale you found at the store in Goshen can be found there as well.

Unfortunately, Indiana doesn't allow home mail delivery of alcohol, so the various clubs found on the Internet are of little use to us.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    The largest beer selection in Central Indiana is at Parti-Pak on Indy's Southside at Stop 11 Rd. & Madison Ave. (just East of that intersection, at the railroad crossing.) They have beer tastings several times a month but I don't think they have the personalized cubby hole idea there. I suspect any beer/ale you found at the store in Goshen can be found there as well.

Unfortunately, Indiana doesn't allow home mail delivery of alcohol, so the various clubs found on the Internet are of little use to us.
    That's weird I've had numerous mail deliveries of alcohol to my house. Never seen anything ever mentioned that places weren't allowed to deliver to Indiana.:dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I stopped off at Chalet Party Shoppe in Goshen this weekend and saw that they had a very impressive selection of beer. SNIP

I've delivered there before, taking in our selection of World Class Beers to them. Very nice store if I remember correctly.

Does anyone know of anything like that in Hamilton County? I'd be all over that in a New York second, but I'm not driving all the way to Goshen once a month.

Try floating this idea to Mr. G's in Noblesville on East Connor Street.
    I do know that since they opened up the new store almost 3 years ago that they really ramped up the micro/import beer selection and I imagine that they might be receptive to the though of it.

If he is still the manager, his name is Kirk, tell him Don, his old Monarch driver directed you towards them about it.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    That's weird I've had numerous mail deliveries of alcohol to my house. Never seen anything ever mentioned that places weren't allowed to deliver to Indiana.:dunno:

Can you give us the name of one of the sources that supposedly delivered alcohol to your residential address in Indiana? Was this an Indiana brewery?

While you're figuring out how to extract yourself, you may want to read about states that do not allow mail delivery of alcohol. Here's one of several: http://www.ehow.com/how_4588510_ordering-beer-online.html

Last edited:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    United Package Liquors( Michigan Road,Toddy sores in brownsburg, County Line Road) all have a decent selection. The other locations have a nice selection also just not as much.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There are numerous Chalet Party Shoppes in Goshen and all over Elkhart County. Each of them has completely different inventories catering to the locality it is located in. The one on the South side of town on US 33 has a huge walk in wine cellaring area. Large inventory of high dollar wines. They also have a good selection of foreign beers (maybe that is the one you stopped at. The one out on CR 17 has a lot of beer also. They seem to have a lot of Scotch there.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There are numerous Chalet Party Shoppes in Goshen and all over Elkhart County. Each of them has completely different inventories catering to the locality it is located in. The one on the South side of town on US 33 has a huge walk in wine cellaring area. Large inventory of high dollar wines. They also have a good selection of foreign beers (maybe that is the one you stopped at. The one out on CR 17 has a lot of beer also. They seem to have a lot of Scotch there.

hehehe... It's a good thing he didn't know that at the time or we'd have been driving all over the county. :) :laugh: (that would have been fine with me... whatever makes him happy since he's so great to me)

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    United Package Liquors( Michigan Road,Toddy sores in brownsburg, County Line Road) all have a decent selection. The other locations have a nice selection also just not as much.

The Toddy Shoppe stores are and have been owned by UPL for several years since the original owner sold them.

Also the UPL store on 86th & Michigan road is rather small in size to have a large selection.

Both liquor stores in Mooresville (Red Barrel and Mooresville Liquors) have bigger stores than that particular UPL store.

Kahn's on Keystone
    21st Amendment 56th & Illinois
    UPL US 31 North in Carmel

Are just some of the stores that have a decent selection.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Need more North side. :D I'm not going all the way to Goshen or to the south side just to pick up microbrews.

I think I'm going to start a log, though. Too many beers! (Boy, that's a tough problem to have, isn't it? :): )

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Need more North side. :D I'm not going all the way to Goshen or to the south side just to pick up microbrews.

I think I'm going to start a log, though. Too many beers! (Boy, that's a tough problem to have, isn't it? :): )

I assume you noticed, but just in case, I think they let you buy all of them fancy brews by the bottle. You can get a mix and match 6 pack. So you can knock a bunch off your list in one trip.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

SNIP

You really need to get out and look at some different retail stores if you think Party-Pak has the largest beer selection in central Indiana.
    While it is a nice store, there are plenty that equal and surpass the store in selection.

Now don't get wrong, they do have nice selection there, but they are no where near a Kahn's or similar store. Kahn's buys a ton of import/micro's weekly and their main concentration in this business is WINE.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, but I still don't want to drive across town. I don't really want to make a day-trip out of beer shopping.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Can you give us the name of one of the sources that supposedly delivered alcohol to your residential address in Indiana? Was this an Indiana brewery?

While you're figuring out how to extract yourself, you may want to read about states that do not allow mail delivery of alcohol. Here's one of several: Ordering Beer Online | eHow.com

Shoppersvineyard.com No its not an Indiana brewery. Not worried about " extracting myself " I ordered and they delivered too late to change it now. Would you mind citing the IC on that law you have peaked my curiosity on this matter. This time try not throw attempts of insult in there this time. Although you seem to be on a roll today with the insults, but hey if it makes you feel better have at it Jake.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    You really need to get out and look at some different retail stores if you think Party-Pak has the largest beer selection in central Indiana.
    While it is a nice store, there are plenty that equal and surpass the store in selection.

Now don't get wrong, they do have nice selection there, but they are no where near a Kahn's or similar store. Kahn's buys a ton of import/micro's weekly and their main concentration in this business is WINE.

I go to Kahn's fairly often, 2-3 times a month, as I am up there quite a bit. I like the selection at Parti-Pak better. If Scutter likes what he finds at Kahn's, it's certainly a lot closer trip for him.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Shoppersvineyard.com No its not an Indiana brewery. Not worried about " extracting myself " I ordered and they delivered too late to change it now. Would you mind citing the IC on that law you have peaked my curiosity on this matter. This time try not throw attempts of insult in there this time. Although you seem to be on a roll today with the insults, but hey if it makes you feel better have at it Jake.

Slim - you can't get beer/wine delivered to your home in Indiana. You've never done it legally. Indiana does not allow mail delivery.

I give up, Slim. Back to the political forums. Good luck to you and all here.

Top Bottom