• openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Cabelas sells a gun belt for $30
    in black or cordovan
    1.75" don't remember brand name but they carry 'em.
    It is designed well and just works.
    have mine on now.
    With inside waist Desantis Intruder with G36. carry at 5 O"clock
    very comfortable
    only complaint....it does not have a "keeper loop" like my reg.belts

oh well can't have everything ,
    just what you need

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I've been very happy with my Crossbreed for the last 6 years or so. They also just happen to be running 20% off all their belts right now.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    The Kore belt looks really interesting. Would one be solid enough for an IWB or OWB plus a one or two spare pistol mags and an AR mag?

Or, is that getting to the point of needing a two belt system?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Best belt you can buy.

The leather are nice, the tactical belts are twice as thick and strong.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

I don’t have this brand but the one I have (don’t remember where I bought it now) has this sort of multi-position buckling mechanism. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it when I bought it but I’m a fan. When this one wears out, I’m probably going to buy the same type of latching mechanism again. The ability to loosen or tighten “just a tad” is really nice.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I don’t have this brand but the one I have (don’t remember where I bought it now) has this sort of multi-position buckling mechanism. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it when I bought it but I’m a fan. When this one wears out, I’m probably going to buy the same type of latching mechanism again. The ability to loosen or tighten “just a tad” is really nice.

How much can you carry on the belt?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not a big fan of synthetic (plastic and elastic) belts. Have worn a Great American Jackass (Galco) 1 3/4 inch fancy stitched SB6 since 1978. It has supported all kinds of holsters, speedloaders, etc without fail. They will cost you a little more than lawn chair webbing though. JMHO.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not a big fan of synthetic (plastic and elastic) belts. Have worn a Great American Jackass (Galco) 1 3/4 inch fancy stitched SB6 since 1978. It has supported all kinds of holsters, speedloaders, etc without fail. They will cost you a little more than lawn chair webbing though. JMHO.
    Jesus ****ing Christ man it IS 20****ing20, you are now considered has been! Did you know that Colonel Cooper loved his Wilderness lawn chair belt?

OP, don’t mind gramps, he’s off his meds again. Most of the suggestions you’ve seen here are very good choices, as is grampa’s Galco belt, buy quality and you won’t go wrong, leather, OR lawn chair webbing! Ever wonder why SCUBA webbing was made of lawn chair webbing instead of leather? I haven’t because it works for its intended purpose way better than leather?

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Jesus ****ing Christ man it IS 20****ing20, you are now considered has been! Did you know that Colonel Cooper loved his Wilderness lawn chair belt?

OP, don’t mind gramps, he’s off his meds again. Most of the suggestions you’ve seen here are very good choices, as is grampa’s Galco belt, buy quality and you won’t go wrong, leather, OR lawn chair webbing! Ever wonder why SCUBA webbing was made of lawn chair webbing instead of leather? I haven’t because it works for its intended purpose way better than leather?

Hey, I was actually impressed, I mean 1978? With one belt? Dude must not have a belly hanging over.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    For using with your duty belt, do you just use keepers to connect them? I was under the impression that an inner belt of a duty/battle belt used hook and loop to connect the two?
    Since nobody’s really answering your questions about the two belt deals, I’m no expert and no nothing of duty belts but do have a VTAC battle belt that came with the inner belt with Velcro on the outside of it. Had to buy a separate belt to thread thru the battle belt which was hard but worth it. The inner belt thru pant loops really helps hold a load secure, way better than suspenders which I’ve seen in some classes. Typical load in a class may be 3-6 loaded AR mags and two pistol mags, plus a dump pouch, some people have meds kits and a small kitchen sink on them.
    I’ve never heard of an inner outer combo for just carrying.
    I have never had a leather belt that lasted more than a few months, I rip them out but have never had a quality leather gun belt either.
    I love my 5.11 reversible, which makes it double thick. Worn every day for maybe 10 years now and just softened up a few years ago. Infinite adjustment, so OWB IWB doesn’t matter it works. Holds up a FNX 45 just fine.
    To me stiffness is the key.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

sorry...I don’t do much shooting under the coral reefs....:ar15:

Top Bottom