• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    --> New Pictures added 7/23. They don't really do it justice. I didn't really figure out that the iPad camera doesn't focus until you touch the focal point on the screen, arghh...

Wow. Very rare FN Belgium Browning Superposed "Lightning" 32 inch O/U 12Ga Shotgun, 2 3/4 inch shells. Serial number 82×××S7, which is 1967 mfg but has been cared for extremely well. I believe it is considered "Superposed Grade I". Short tang in 1967 means it is probably a "salt gun", so it is priced accordingly since this lowers the value to collectors, however its overall condition exceeds expectations, and it will surely last another lifetime for anyone who is a shooter. As far as I know this gun is all original and had one owner (who is now deceased) that used it for skeet/trap at Indiana Gun Club only.

$900. FTF North side of Indy.

Superposed was the last model long gun designed by JMB himself. It includes the highly reliable single selective trigger, which allows you to pick the barrel of your first shot, and the second shot follows automatically on a single trigger. Likewise, the fired shell is auto ejected when the barrel is broken open, whereas unfired shells are just lifted. Read more details in the manual: http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/superposedmanual.pdf

Details:
    1) Has two ivory beads
    2) Recoil pad says "Browning" (original)
    3) Over is marked: * (full choke)
    4) Under is marked: *- (improve modified)
    5) Metal is engraved, stock is checkered
    6) Furniture is beautiful condition, has one little quarter inch flaw on right front side of release, otherwise not even any scratches or scuffs.
    7) Has a short tang, flat knob
    8) Rare 32" barrel

Blue Book: www.aoct.org/BlueBooks/Guns/B/C358.htm
    Note that this gun would be valued at over $1400 if it werent a salt gun. According to the blue book, subtract 25-40% for salt, but add 10% for Lightning model with rare and desirable 32" barrel, and maybe even add another 10% for the engraving and checkering. Since this gun is in beautiful condition, I am pricing it at $900. If you think that is incorrect, please let me know why. I'm not a Browning expert.

Serial numbering guide is confusing as can be, but definitely 1967 based on the S7:
    www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=42

wksg.jpg

oos3.jpg

0gp8.jpg

3ujb.jpg

oyly.jpg

mqrs.jpg

nmia.jpg

lx29.jpg

wtqj.jpg

3cku.jpg

j2sr.jpg

un28.jpg

0c7g.jpg

Last edited:

heeringa

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've shot one similar to this with 28" barrels. Very nice gun at a good price. I'd make you an offer, but my funds aren't quite up to where they need to be yet. Best of luck selling a quality o/u.

Top Bottom