Bellingham to pay $15K to man who wore gun in park.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If they agreed on $15,000 then he's probably not doing it for money. Sounds like that's what he felt like would be enough to make them wake up and train their force on the law that may not have been trained. Good for the Master Sgt. I would like to see the cop reprimanded for drawing his gun and pointing at his chest (assuming nothing was done to make him think his life was in danger). Maybe there's more to the story that we don't know but I doubt it this time.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    When the Master Sargent was told it wasn't the law. If he would have drawn his firearm and held the cop at gun point, he would have went to jail. Where's the justice in this system really? All I've ever heard since I was a kid is ignorance of the law is no excuse. Tax payer's money should pay for this, then be reimbursed by the officer. However, it's time to start addressing the real issue. The cop could have accidentally shot an innocent man from 3'. Loss of job and some jail time along with the cash would be more appropriate. My feelings have always been that a cop should set an example of the law not be above it. They should also be held more accountable for their actions when violating the law and other's rights.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It's a shame that an officer of the law does not know the law. Poorly trained and not his fault really. A situation that really could have gotten out of hand due to lack of training.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Some of these posts should be sent to the Bellingham news papers AND the police chief. That officer violated a handful of codes that a citizen would have been arrested for. This kind of crap in the police forces need to be handled by holding these officers accountable for NOT knowing there own laws.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom