• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I used one for a few months last winter with an lc9 and it worked great for me. Didn't like the trigger on the gun though so i traded and haven't used since. It worked well though for a small compact gun

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I bought my wife a Stoner Strapless Shoulder Holster (Stoner Concealed Carry Strapless Shoulder Holster) at the last 1500, and she has been really happy with it so far. With her small frame, it's about the only holster I've found that she can conceal with comfortably. The Stoner one is nice, because it allows it to breath due to the material it's made with. Plus it's pretty stretchy, so it stays in place even when she runs with it. The Body Shield insert is a nice addition too, because it helps keep the gun from making direct contact with your skin.

It's no where near as concealable, but I've been really happy with my Hill People Gear Original Kit bag (https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/1/Default.aspx). It's big enough, that it's replaced my backpack in many instances. Yet small enough, that I can run and move in it. Plus you can clip it in to a backpack if you wish, which has worked really well with my Camelbak Trizip.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have one that I use when I need really deep concealment. I find the part where the velcro meets to be uncomfortable if I don't have a T-shirt underneath it--but then the pistol is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. The other downside is that it's a collapsable holster. Having said that, it does an excellent of holding a small pistol tight and hidden, without any tell-tale clips etc. I think it's superior to similar options like "thunderwear", since it holds the pistol tightly in place and allows a better grip before drawing.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have one that I use when I need really deep concealment. I find the part where the velcro meets to be uncomfortable if I don't have a T-shirt underneath it--but then the pistol is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. The other downside is that it's a collapsable holster. Having said that, it does an excellent of holding a small pistol tight and hidden, without any tell-tale clips etc. I think it's superior to similar options like "thunderwear", since it holds the pistol tightly in place and allows a better grip before drawing.
    Google "Belly Band Zack", it's a retrofit of a standard Galco underwraps.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    They don't really protect the trigger if they're just stretchy material. I wouldn't carry with a round chambered in a regular belly band because you can easily pull the trigger through the fabric. The Crossbreed version didn't end up working well for me - it protects the trigger but was too floppy and bulky. The Can Can holster works well as far as holding a small gun well, and they have a men's version of it (I have only tried the women's).

I have an awesome idea for a belly band holster that would protect the trigger really well, maintain the low profile and comfort of a belly band, and allow you to easily swap kydex shells, I'd love to get it made.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Several posts up, someone said something about Google? Since it is impolite to post links to other sites in someone else's house, I implore anyone that is interested in belly band carry, to GOOGLE, "belly band Zach". It takes care of the trigger issues some are afraid of, and there's even a remedy for the scratchy Velcro. I will admit, it's not a ready made off the shelf solution, but it works. If you habla tool even in the most general of senses, you too can do this!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They don't really protect the trigger if they're just stretchy material. I wouldn't carry with a round chambered in a regular belly band because you can easily pull the trigger through the fabric. The Crossbreed version didn't end up working well for me - it protects the trigger but was too floppy and bulky. The Can Can holster works well as far as holding a small gun well, and they have a men's version of it (I have only tried the women's).

I have an awesome idea for a belly band holster that would protect the trigger really well, maintain the low profile and comfort of a belly band, and allow you to easily swap kydex shells, I'd love to get it made.
    Google what I said, may not be exact, but it's probably close! Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, bu it's probably been thought of! If you have the Jack for a patent, go for it!

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Google what I said, may not be exact, but it's probably close! Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, bu it's probably been thought of! If you have the Jack for a patent, go for it!

Nope, not close. The idea of shoving a clamshell into a bellyband has been done by many. I have seen that many times before, although it looks like this guy used only the bottom half, which might save on bulk. I have tried it with the full clamshell, and it's not all that great.

Here is the thing: Since age 12 I have been wearing undergarments that must be comfortable, reasonably aesthetically pleasing, and extremely supportive in a foolproof manner. Also, preferably, as invisible as possible. They must last through washings and hold up to daily use. The R&D that must have been spent on developing these functional, wearable tools has got to be a million times more than anyone has ever spent on developing gun holsters. What I'm saying is that if we're ever going to get a near-perfect DEEP concealed carry holster, it's going to be a woman who invents it. I'm not saying it's going to be me, my idea could very well completely suck (and there definitely have been some female-targeted holsters that aren't great), but it's going to be a woman or someone working realllly close with women. The Can Can belly band is light years more comfortable than the couple of other belly bands I tried, and conceals better.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I used one. It had a kydex insert so I wasnt worried about an ND. but overall it wasnt any more comfortable than a iwb holster. females tend to like them though.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I tried one for a sig p320 compact and did not feel confident to wear it out. I do think it would work for a smaller pistol. I have a sig p238 that I will use with it.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I bought one from glockstore.com 30$. I like it, the Velcro issue is easily fixed. If you don't have it lined up unstrap it and strap it back down. I've carried several pistols in it and it held all satisfactory snub nose revolvers, sccy cpx2, glock 23. I can bend over, squat down, pick stuff up from under shopping carts, case of coke or bag of dog food, weapons never move. Only down side is re holstering. Its a pain and time consuming. I picked up a hybrid leather kydex today from 4gunns Harveys Holsters brand for my 23 also bought the under the belt j hooks. Not going to quit using the belly band its my go to holster when I'm not wearing a belt.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I picked up one from Vedder Holsters over the summer. I ran with it and didn't have any issues. Carried a frame and a shield in it but not sure a larger gun would work as well. YMMV

Top Bottom