• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I've got one I wear occasionally. I wear it kinda tight so it makes me look skinnier, lol. But it holds the gun pretty good, and I can fit extra mags in the other side if carrying an auto.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    My only concern with a G19 in a belly band is that it is not rigid. Since there is not a traditional safety on the Glocks, I would be worried about an accidental discharge. I know the odds are pretty slim, but that is why I stick to my IWB. I do like the belly bands and would consider it with another brand, but not Glock.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I have a friend that has one. Not sure on all his pros and cons, but here is what he did mention. I'm sure that I can't get him to weigh in on the topic but I will let him know about the thread.

* Supported his back (had a ruptured disc a year or so ago)

* Feels more confident as far as weight goes (mentioned above)

* Easily customized

* Nice contour

Big_John

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Thats a good point about the lack of trigger protection. Handn't put alot of thought into that. thanks for the replys
    i probaly will stick to my iwb because of that factor.:thumbsup:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I bought one for my wife but it was too big, so I need to get her a smaller one, she likes it and has decided this will probably be the way she chooses to carry... when and if...

I've worn it a couple times with a SP101 (good thing it stretches :) ) and it is comfortable with a t-shirt under it, but the lack of retention is a problem... I saw that the NRA has one with retention, and it would definitely help.

My IWB stays put, but the BB feels like its always moving around.

The reason that I would use it over a IWB is if I had to wear a tucked shirt... I have yet to find a tuckable IWB that fits me and works Tucking with a BB is easy. Plus I like being able to adjust the carry position 1 o'clock and 4 o'clock are equally comfortable.

The band covers the trigger completely.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    my concern about anything higher than the waist is draw time.
    But, it would be good for car carry, if draw time issues were worked out.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've used one to carry an XD sub compact and a Sig P232. It worked great. My only complaint was that it made my back sweat real bad. So maybe during the heat of the summer isn't the best time to try it out.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I like them.

I have never owned or worn one but had a cute blonde demonstrate it at the last 1500. I think I liked the holster but know I liked the demo.:rockwoot:

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bought a belly band holster at the 1500 a few years ago and it is the only holster I use now. I carry a S&W 642 on my bicycle commute and even in bicycle clothes you don't even notice that I am carrying. The one I have retains the revolver with a adjustable velcro thumb break and I have never worried that it was not secure.

Top Bottom