• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    Most7.62 19 a4 will run about 750 rpm. Chop down the barrel and lighten the bolt and some run close to 1000rpms. Class 3 dealer can have anything they want but not all may be transferable to Joe Anyguy. The difference between a $2000.00 19a4 and a 16k a4 is whether it is fully transferable. Google the browning m37 and see how fast that puppy is! That would be the one I would have but they are rare.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The 30-06 1919A4s tended to run a little slower, closer to or less than 600 rpm. The rate of fire is in large part dependent on the diameter of the booster exit hole. One of the guys use to make a booster with either variable diameter booster holes or a continuous variable booster hole diameter (Dial O Booster), the idea being to select the largest hole that would work with your ammo and gun, thus slowing the rate of fire and impact on the gun.

Friend had a M37 but harder to get the M37 particular parts (i.e. M37 can feed from either side), it is since gone and replaced by a 1919A4. If one wishes a higher rate of fire, the ANM2 aircraft 30 cal had double the rate of fire of the 30-06 1919A4. Have fired some of the guys ANM2 and interesting but tends to heat the barrel quickly (light barrel and high rate of speed, which was designed to have a several hundred mph air flow while in the air plane).

As far as a FFL/SOT they can buy any post May sample that they can get a letter on for demo, however, this tends to be biased towards the current belts guns (i.e. M60 and newer) vs. the older WWII guns. If one was a manufacture (more paper work and higher yearly fees / taxes) then you could make what ever you wish.

Regards
    John

Docjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I have a Styer MG 74 and it runs around 1300 rds a minute. As u can imagine I don't get it out too often.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I have a Styer MG 74 and it runs around 1300 rds a minute. As u can imagine I don't get it out too often.

Is your Styer MG 74 a post sample? Should be mo more expensive than the 1919A4 to shoot, as long as you just shoot half as long ;-).

One of the guys had a MG81 that was scary fast (it might have been the Z version but it has been too long and I knew too little back then ....). MG 81 machine gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom