• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    This is probably an old question, but I've been to Brownells and Natchez looking for a good gun belt to carry a holster. I'd like something normal looking (i.e. non-tactical). Police belts seem to be the only option, but they are expensive.

I'm just looking for something that I can wear to work every day, and cross over when I'm holstering..., and looks good, and works..., you get the idea.

I was thinking someone out there had been down this road before and could give me some advice.

And yes, ..., I am considered a "fat body", I still have 32" waist jeans in the closet, and now I'm up to 38"! God, it sucks getting old!

Feeback appreciated.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm a pretty big fan of Liger Belts - all the niceness of leather, none of the not-niceness of leather. They don't slide AT ALL, which is good and bad - my gear stays right where I put it, but I found out (luckly with an older pair of jeans) that if you don't get the belt just right, your pants won't slide around the belt either.. two belt-loops gone!!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I use a 5.11 Gun Belt that came free with a pair of pants I got from LA Policegear.

I love it, and it supports the gun well, and keeps my pants up when I'm loaded down with a ton o crap :)

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Gentlemen..., thanks for the feedback. Scutter01, I did visit the belt man and was pretty impressed. Now I have to decide between bull, horse, shark, and elephant. Jeez, I didn't know there were so many options..., poor Dumbo.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Menards used to have a 1 3/4" solid leather belt sold as a tool belt that I've been using for 5 years now.
    Not extra pretty, but EXTREMELY functional!

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gentlemen..., thanks for the feedback. Scutter01, I did visit the belt man and was pretty impressed. Now I have to decide between bull, horse, shark, and elephant. Jeez, I didn't know there were so many options..., poor Dumbo.

You are on the right track. Beltman belts are one of those products that are so good, once you try one, you never go elsewhere. I have three of them and that's all I wear. Here's the deal on the options: the lower cost bullhide is perfectly adequate for all your gun carrying needs. The other materials should be considered exotics. You may like their looks a little better or get a rush just from owning something different but functionally, they are no better. There is no need to spend the extra money unless it makes you feel good. One more thing on width: think about the pants you wear most often. These belts are so nice looking, they are perfectly appropriate with dress clothing. For this reason, I buy Beltmans in 1.25 as they will fit the beltloops on any pants I own. The more typical 1.5 will not. Still supports my gun and holsters just fine.

Last edited:

win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    This is one you paraibly didn't think of. Clinton Harness. A amish harness leather shop.He made a belt for me for less then 10.00.He is making paddle for my hoster Amish do fine work.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is one you paraibly didn't think of. Clinton Harness. A amish harness leather shop.He made a belt for me for less then 10.00.He is making paddle for my hoster Amish do fine work.

I'm sure that's a single layer belt. The key to a good gun belt is two layers with opposing grain so it won't stretch.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Most any of the better holster makers have good gun belts. I mostly buy a whole matching outfit. Belt, holster and double mag holder at the same time. Make sure it is a GUN belt, not just a heavy duty work belt. Big difference in how well they work. If you find that you are carrying to much and your pants start to slip, try Perry Suspenders. They fasten to the belt with hooks not to your pants. Much better support.

rodeoclown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I have a Tucker,5.11,and a beltman they are good I bought the beltman because he will resize it for 15 bucks which is good i have lost 90 lbs so i need it done.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN

I went with the sharkskin option. After a year it shows little wear from IWB and double mag holster. I wear always - at work with a carpenters rig on, wrenching on trucks and hot rods, cutting firewood and topping trees,and casual outings along with vegging on the couch and computer chair. Very wear resistant and still looks great.

Top Bottom