• ...and so much more!
  • Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    Hello everyone!

So I'm really torn. I love the steel, looks and build of the Benchmade 940-1 Osborne but I feel like I could get many good knives that do the same thing for the same price but multiple knives. You think I should fork out the $240 for it? I currently EDC a delica 4 and love it.

Let me know!

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Carbon fiber and s90v > frn and vg10. I was actually just playing with knife today. I want one. Look at the spydercos that have carbon fiber and s90v or s110v, they are in the same price range if not higher. Better materials cost more. I love carbon fiber knives. And s90v is feaking awesome, it is at on top of the list for best folder steel.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I understand what your saying but there is some enjoyment to be gained by carrying a high end knife with those materials. $240 isn't bad when you consider what you get. Plus the weight on the 940-1 is awesome.

Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    You both are right on the money with what I was thinking. I just needed some encouragement. I think I'm going to purchase it soon, now only to convince the wife... lol

Mylastregret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have a similar benchmade that is limited edition. The blade itself is M390 steel, which I believe is more durable and sharpness last longer. The over-all blade length is bigger. I would recommend that one since it is cheaper and also an osborne design.

Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    I have a similar benchmade that is limited edition. The blade itself is M390 steel, which I believe is more durable and sharpness last longer. The over-all blade length is bigger. I would recommend that one since it is cheaper and also an osborne design.

S90V is stronger but harder to sharpen. The osborne is also limited edition and half the weight. I think I will stick with the Osborne. Thanks though!

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thats the knife works exclusive. Black and blue g10 and m390 model 810. Much bigger knife. Kinda like the 0300 and 0350 ZTs

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hello everyone!

So I'm really torn. I love the steel, looks and build of the Benchmade 940-1 Osborne but I feel like I could get many good knives that do the same thing for the same price but multiple knives. You think I should fork out the $240 for it? I currently EDC a delica 4 and love it.

Let me know!

$240.00 is a bit much. If you know a Benchmade dealer you should be able to get for even less...I'm just saying. :)

Mylastregret

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    [QU OTE=Bradsknives;5261989]$240.00 is a bit much. If you know a Benchmade dealer you should be able to get for even less...I'm just saying. :)[/QUOTE]

I bought one off of you this year. the only thing I don't like was not seeing you at the Gun show Saturday. I saw your booth, but didn't see you.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    [QU OTE=Bradsknives;5261989]$240.00 is a bit much. If you know a Benchmade dealer you should be able to get for even less...I'm just saying. :)

I bought one off of you this year. the only thing I don't like was not seeing you at the Gun show Saturday. I saw your booth, but didn't see you.[/QUOTE]

If my knives were there, I'm there. I could have been away from the table to take a leek...that would be the only reason I would leave my tables. :)

Top Bottom