• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    The last couple nicer knives I have purchased have been Spyderco knives. I really like them a lot, but I feel its time for a benchmade auto assist knife. The only problem is, I can't narrow it down to even a couple. I friend of mine has a Barrage that I really like, but I dont want to get the same one as him if I can help it. So, my question is, can anyone recommend to me a first time auto assist Benchmade?

The only two requirements I have right now, is that I stay under the $160 mark, and if at all possible, the blade be black. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Benchmade H&K Snody Axis Knife, Spearpoint, Bead Blast Plain Edge, 14210

Ok, I know it's not the auto assist, and I feel like a jerk that I'm the first with a suggestion and it's not what you stated you're looking for...

But this knife is so smooth and so perfect and the axis lock opens it so quickly every time I can't imagine an assisted being easier or faster. Just such a great knife, I can't say enough. Easy and fast as the assisted to open, twice as fast and twice as safe to close.

:twocents:

grammy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    I have a Kershaw Blur with a black blade. It is the snap-on model. I understand why you want the Benchmade, the quality is better and the axis lock... Get a Benchmade instead.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    My carry knife was a Benchmade 890 Torrent for a while, a very smooth auto assist. And, if I remember right, they offer it with a black blade.

Big fan of the Torrent. They are on back order on their site, if I end up going with that one, ill have to find somewhere else to buy it. Thanks for sharing!

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Big fan of the Torrent. They are on back order on their site, if I end up going with that one, ill have to find somewhere else to buy it. Thanks for sharing!

You might wanna check with brad, he can probably get your whatever benchmade you want...

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hopefully he will see this and chime in with his thoughts, and we can work something out.

Currently I'm out of stock on the 890 Torrent (they are on order). The Torrent is a great knife that has a modified drop point blade that uses 154CM steel (58-61HRC). The only thing I don't care for is it uses a standard liner lock....I personally would like this knife better if Benchmade would have used their Axis lock on it. Take a look at the Benchmade Barrage series, they are assisted opening knifes that are very close to the Torrent design with the exception that they use the Axis lock. The Barrage series still uses 154CM steel for their blades and you can even step it up to a blade that uses M390 super steel (60-62HRC). Currently I have over 40 Benchmade knives in stock. I see your are in Crown Point....I will be at the Crown Point Gun & Knife show the second weekend of September.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Well Brad, I would be happy to buy a knife off you when you make it up this way. I always like supporting local companies.

Since it would seem that you are the go to person for all things knives, is there another auto assist knife outside the Barrage or another outside benchmade that you would suggest under $160?

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The Benchmade 5000 Auto Presidio is a terrific knife though it will set you back about $200. It is available in plain or serated, black or satin finish.
    images
    images

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Well Brad, I would be happy to buy a knife off you when you make it up this way. I always like supporting local companies.

Since it would seem that you are the go to person for all things knives, is there another auto assist knife outside the Barrage or another outside benchmade that you would suggest under $160?

There are several other Benchmade assisted (not auto..aka switchblades) knives that are under $160.00 that are very good. As far as other manufactures, I would suggest ZT (Zero Tolerance), but right now almost all of their models are not available except the 300 models and those will be well over your $160.00 limit. If you can make it to the Crown Point show Sept. 10 & 11, I would be more than happy to let you handle any knife I have so you can get a better feel for what you would like.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    There are several other Benchmade assisted (not auto..aka switchblades) knives that are under $160.00 that are very good. As far as other manufactures, I would suggest ZT (Zero Tolerance), but right now almost all of their models are not available except the 300 models and those will be well over your $160.00 limit. If you can make it to the Crown Point show Sept. 10 & 11, I would be more than happy to let you handle any knife I have so you can get a better feel for what you would like.

Sounds good. I hate waiting on things though. Maybe I should just order one from you now, and buy another from the show!? :D

For giggles, what are you selling your Barrage knifes for?

Top Bottom