• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Does anyone here have a way to buy the springs? I have two Benchmade auto knives and they both have broken springs. One I have carried everyday since 1998 and the other I have had since 2001 so they have been used and abused.

I cant send them back to be repaired becase I am not LEO or active military.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol the first reply your always going to get is you know those are illegal here right? so techinically you just admitted to a crime :) the feds are probably on their way to your house right now with a warrant but on a serious note have you just tried calling and asking for the springs. they are usually fairly easy to change

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    I know they are not the best choice to carry but I owe my life to a Benchmade auto knife so I will continue to carry one forever.

I did try to call and I was told I had to send the knife into them for a warranty claim.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I know they are not the best choice to carry but I owe my life to a Benchmade auto knife so I will continue to carry one forever.

I did try to call and I was told I had to send the knife into them for a warranty claim.
    I would be interested to see if they send it back to Indiana being that they are illegal in Indiana. Worth a shot though. I had one in Iraq and loved it, honestly though, gerber made one that I loved even more, not sure of the model.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    DSC00495.jpg

These are the two that are broken right now.

I bought the one on top in Louisianna and the bottom one in Nebraska.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The first thing you need to do is determine the type of spring in your knife. You can either disassemble the knife and figure it out yourself or call Benchmade and ask them what type and size. I'm not sure what Benchmade is using, but if they are using a standard coil spring it is easy to order an after market one and do the repair yourself. You will need to determine if it is a .375 or .43 or possibly a .50 size. Here is a link to where you can buy replacement springs.

KnifeKits.com : Designer Knife Kits - Knife Making Supplies - Knife Making Tools Coil Springs

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    No they are illegal for all in Indiana.

I didnt know that. I thought LEO and active duty could carry. On another note I have shown several LEO my knifes and to date havent had any problems.

I used to work at most of the ISP posts and countless ISP officers have seen my knifes while working and I have never heard one comment about them.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Indiana is so great with firearm laws, and we the gun owners really band together to get the changes made that we want.

What can we do to end the ridiculous ban on auto knives? I can own an Uzi here, full auto. I can carry 5 pistols on me at any given time.

But an auto knife is just too big a threat? Like my other Benchmades open any slower...:rolleyes:

Apparently the legislators don't know about the "wave" yet. Even faster than an auto. :D

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Indiana is so great with firearm laws, and we the gun owners really band together to get the changes made that we want.

What can we do to end the ridiculous ban on auto knives? I can own an Uzi here, full auto. I can carry 5 pistols on me at any given time.

But an auto knife is just too big a threat? Like my other Benchmades open any slower...:rolleyes:

Apparently the legislators don't know about the "wave" yet. Even faster than an auto. :D

It is crazy that we cannot carry an auto knife. I am not sure what difference it makes how the knife goes from closed to open....the blade still cuts the same.

BTW your avatar looks just like my dog. Is that an American Bulldog?

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    It is crazy that we cannot carry an auto knife. I am not sure what difference it makes how the knife goes from closed to open....the blade still cuts the same.

BTW your avatar looks just like my dog. Is that an American Bulldog?

He's a boxer. Dapper Dan. He looks less "boxery" in that funny, up close picture.

Worlds best dog (no offense intended to yours) :D

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    They will ship to indiana to mil/leo. Droped mine off at their both at the shot show couple years back, came back to me in the mail like new.

Top Bottom